Chapter Twenty Seven- Mission Impossible

Start from the beginning

Quiet footsteps pattered down the single icy path into the dungeon. Whoever was heading towards him had managed to navigate the labyrinthine dungeon, so we're either smart, or magical. The trickster god couldn't sense Seidr, or the power of the Stones, which meant it wasn't Him.

"Loki!"

"Are you serious right now?"

Loki pressed his hand to his mouth to stifle his laughter, letting his Seidr go. Stark hissed his reply even before the echoes of Thor's booming voice had faded.

"We are trying to do a covert mission, you giant, over-dramatic idiot."

"Cease your talking, Stark, or lose your tongue."

Silence reigned for a few seconds; even their footsteps paused.

"What the f-"

"I apologise, Stark. That was too much."

"You think?"

"Listening to you two is worse than anything those giants did to me."

Three heads snapped towards him, varying degrees of surprise on their faces. They took in the unconscious- probably- guard, the scorched ground, the bent prison bars. It wasn't hard to figure out what had happened.

"So you mean to say-"

"Tony."

"No, Steve. We planned an entire fucking sting operation to save the brat, and he could've just busted out on his own? Are you fucking serious?"

"If it helps, I couldn't have done it completely on my own. Not without losing at least half my Saidr, and I'd rather keep myself stocked up just in case." Tony stared.

"So we're a convenience."

"If you put it like that, yes."

"You know, Loki, one of these days I'm going to stop chasing after you like a direwolf after a deer."

Loki laughed. "Yes, brother, I suppose you will. But for now, I'm certain you'll run after me every time." Thor grinned.

"I suppose I will."

————————————————————————

"You will pay for this, child."

Peter turned his head to the frost giant lazily, one leg swinging idly from the web hammock he'd made. He and his prisoners were attached to the bottom of their base, a ravine below them so deep it plunged into darkness.

"Nah, I don't think so."

"Laufey will rain a storm of ice upon those who dare defy him."

"Not gonna lie, that sounds sick as fuck. But it's not gonna happen, cause Mr Stark'll have a plan to stop him. We're the Avengers, bitch. Get a clue."

"Such attitude from one so young. It is disgusting."

"Yeah, well, I'm a Gen-Z kid, what do you expect?"

"I expect you to obey my every command."

"Get fucked."

"Stupid child. Do you really think we could be truly incapacitated by some string?"

Peter's leg paused as he stared at the giant. "What?"

The warrior threw herself forward with a roar, webs snapping as she tore her cocoon. Peter screamed and dove off his seat, free falling before desperately shooting out a web and launching himself away. He didn't get far, though.