Thirty one

Years ago

Years ago.

"I can't pay you, I don't have any money. Please have mercy on me." The man begged on his knees, fat tears rolled down his cheeks.

"I had mercy for three months, three months that I gave you for you to get my money. Look at you begging, as if that would help you in any way." The old man also the big boss said and raised his hand that had a shiny gold gun in it.

The man was going to die, what else could he offer to the merciless boss of the Italian mafia? He knew from the beginning that he should've never gotten involved with those people. And now he's in it too deep.

"Wait, wait. Take my daughter, she's 17, she's a beautiful young woman, here look." The man still on his knees said, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and showed him pictures of his daughter.

Julianna.

"She's a beautiful thing." The boss said looking deeply into the phone.

"Take her, but don't kill her or me." The man begged once again.

"What do you think?" The boss asked and looked over his shoulder, behind him was his protégé, the closest thing he had to a son.

He was going to be the next in line, he was not related to the boss by blood, but it was all he got, he trained the young man to be like him.

A monster.

At one point he was an innocent little boy, that someone abandoned in front of a warehouse. Why? No one knows, but the boss took him to his house, his maids took care of him until he was four and then he was put in a dark cell.

The big boss would come and hurt him in so many ways, he wanted to break the little boy, he was molding him to be what he wanted. And it paid off in the end. The little boy grew up but lost his humanity along the way.

He was a killer machine, he had so many masks you could never predict his next move. He didn't feel pain or had feelings.

"I can break her, make her the perfect wife to carry the next heir." The young man said full of confidence.

"All right, someone gets me a contract." The boss shouted. In less than 10 minutes papers were waiting to be signed in his hands. One of those papers was about the young girl's custody.

I Fernando Verzino pay my full debt of 3 million euros by giving my daughter Julianna Verzino to be the future wife of Marcello Romano and to be the mother of the future heir.

Conditions:

The girl can't die.

She will get married on her 18 anniversary.

She must give birth to a healthy boy to be the future heir.

If she gets pregnant with a girl, she will abort.

She will do as her husband says or else face the consequences.

That was what the one-page contract said, short but said enough, and her father did the worst thing that anyone can think. He signed away his daughter. All because of his gambling addiction.

But even worst than that, was that he didn't regret anything.

"Your debt is paid." The boss said, he turned around to walk away but when he passed Marcello he gave him a small nod. That nod was enough for the young boy to understand what needed to be done next, he took his gun from behind his back and shot the man that was still on his knees right between his eyes.

After ordering a clean up he went outside to the car that was waiting for him. It was time for him to get his future wife. This was never in his plans, but when he saw her he knew she would be perfect for him. The car took off to the girl's house.

Marcello waited in the car for his boss, he frowned when he saw his boss get out of the girl's house alone.

"Where is she?" Marcello demanded when the old man got in the car.

"First of all watch the way you talk to me, boy. And second, she won't come with us today. I made it seem like she had a choice, you know give her a little hope before the real fun begins." The old man said with an even smile on his face.

"When then?" Marcello asked, this time he took deep breaths, he didn't want to disrespect his boss and father figure.

"Tomorrow. She has nothing left, poor thing. You'll have one year to break the girl's soul, and we can't also forget that this time next week, the American Don will be dead."

How wrong were they about the girl, and they realized that the next day, when they barged through the door but the house was cold and empty, Julianna was getting out of the airport, and they didn't even know it.

Both men were beyond furious with her, this was not supposed to happen, but they agreed to let her enjoy the freedom while she could, they had a big attack to prepare.

Killing the American Don.

Niccolo and Andrea's father.

And they succeeded, they caused havoc in the Wright family, the Italian mafia knew that the oldest son was still training to lead, but they were surprised once again when even without being fully prepared, Niccolo took control.

And he made a good fucking job.

Years passed and the big Italian boss stepped down and Marcello became the Don, he ruled with an iron fist, sorry doesn't mean anything for him, his man works with him with fear, not respect. But he doesn't care as long as the job gets done, and no one crosses him.

Because no one knew who the new Italian boss was, Marcello took advantage of that and for years, he's been infiltrated in the American mafia, but the highest position he got was being the second person taking care of the drug warehouse.

The plan was to destroy them from the inside out. Meeting Julianna at the airport was fate, she was destined to be his, and he will have her. He already had a taste of her and she is exquisite.

She's his.