Chapter 27

Giyuu POV

"Sumiko, wake up. You have to eat." I softly said but she suddenly said something that shocked me.

"I'm sorry.. Tsutako nee-chan." she said but still asleep. I gently tap her cheeks to wake her up.

"Sumiko. Wake up Sumiko." I said still tapping her cheeks. She slowly opened her eyes that made me stop tapping her cheeks.

"Giyuu-san." she said and sat up.

"You need to eat Sumiko and you're sweating. You need to change your clothes." I told her. She nodded her head and pick up the food. I decided to pick some clothes for Sumiko. Once I am done I gave Sumiko her clothes.

"Are you done eating?" I ask her. She nodded her head place the dish down the table.

"Change your clothes. You're sweaty." I said turning my attention somewhere else. I can hear her standing up and followed by a loud thud. I quickly look her way and help her up.

"Sorry. I forgot I sprained my right foot." she said as I help her sat on the bed.

"Don't worry about it. I'll change your top and you change the bottom, okay?" I asked her. She smiled at me before nodding. It's fine for me to change her clothes at the top since she still have her bandages in her chest.

"There." I said before turning around. It's awkward to be honest and I bet Sabito and the others are laughing at me.

"I'm done." she said. I turned around and saw her clothes all fold up in the corner. I walk closer to her and push her to bed.

"Sleep." I told her but she shook her head and tap the empty space beside her.

"Let's have a chat." she said while smiling. I have no choice but to sit next her.

"What do you want to do?" I asked her. She looked at me for a few seconds before smiling.

"Your past!" she said excitedly.

"My past? You want to know about my past?" I said unsure if I heard her right and she nodded.

"Well... I'm not comfortable saying it... for now." I told her hoping she could understand.

"Understandable. I mean we all have tragic backstories." Sumiko said nodding her head. I suddenly hugged her that made her flinch.

"Giyuu-san?" she called me. I quickly let her go but was stopped by Sumiko grabbing my arm.

"Giyuu-san do you like me?" she suddenly asked me causing me to flinch.

"Your scent. It's always sweet. I can smell the same scent when Iguro-san is near Mitsuri-san." she continued looking at me straight to the eye.

"Yes. Yes I do like you." I said leaning closer to her making her flustered but I can see tears forming in her eyes.

"What a lie. You only liked me because I became a girl." she said tears stared pouring out of her eyes and it hurts me when I knew I was the one who made her cry.

"I did not like you because you became a girl. The first day we met, I couldn't stop thinking about you and the day we met again, that's when I realized that I have fallen in love with you." I told her wiping her tears away, kissing her forehead.

"And you do realize that you're still a guy that time." I continued. She just looked down before gripping my arms not saying anything. I decided to hug back drawing circles at her back. I noticed her breathing calmed down and heard a little snores.

"I hope you feel the same way." I whispered to her before drifting into sleep.

Sumiko POV

I woke up when I felt some movements on my back. I was a pair of arms wrap around my waist with it's red haori. I gently remove his arms hugging me before going to the bathroom and change my clothes. I also decided to remove the bandage around my chest area.