Part 8: Hidden truth

Start from the beginning

Arnav went to his room and sat on his bed . His thoughts about kissing Khushi was playing like a melody in his head . Her lips are so soft, he can still feel it on his . He closes his eyes and cherishes their moment . The urge he has to kiss her again is killing him.

Next morning sharp 7am.

Khushi was getting ready and drinking tea while waiting for Arnav to arrive . She was very nervous . So was talking to Bua to keep her mind engaged.

She hears the horn and gulped hot tea quickly , she coughed little , taking buaji by surprise .

Bua : slowly the car is not running away.

Khushi whispers .

Khushi: yes I know but my heart is .

She whispers barely audible to buaji.

Bua: what?

Khushi: nothing . Ok bua ji I'll be back in the afternoon.

She kisses and hugs bua bye while coming out and looking at the new SUV. Surprisingly the driver is Arnav himself .He was looking dashing. For the first time he was just in plain white shirt and black pants. His glasses were making him look more hotter . She took a deep breath and moved towards the back of the car . He looked at the side view mirror telling me not to sit in the back by his expression.

Arnav: front seat ...

He looks at her as she holds the cars door to open not listening to him.

Arnav: now Khushi.

It wasn't a question, it was a command. She couldn't say or do anything but to oblige.

She went and sat in the front seat , something seems different . She looked outside the window , not wanting to face him. How can she tell him she couldn't sleep whole night after what happened in between them. She is in some other world. And on the other hand, he was also thinking the same as to how can he tell her that sleep was also far away from him.

He went past the office but Khushi was so lost in her own world that she did not realize . He held her hand and entwined his fingers with hers which broke her thought , he brought it close to his mouth and kissed the back of her palm.

Arnav: I'm taking you out for a date today shona . Just me and you.

Khushi: ha ( what)

Khushi widen her eye at his words , never in her life she has experienced such romantic moments . Plus he called her Shona . She is red from blushing . She couldn't protest but at the same time she was scared . No one knows at home that she is not at work and how can she trust him so blindly. He parks the car in a open area from where you can see the whole city. He unbuckles his belt and pulls a bag from the back seat . Taking a box out,  he hands it to Khushi.

She looks at him confused .

Arnav: open it princess.

She is again taken aback from his gestures .

She opens it slowly , only to find a brand new iPhone inside . She bites her lips to subside her tears but it still came out .

Khushi: thank you so much Arnavji. I ..

She couldn't finish her works as tears replaced it , she quickly looked away to hide it from him. He pulled her chin to him and wiped her tears with his thumb leaving his hand on her face.

Arnav: I'm sorry I broke your phone . But this will always keep us connected . I have already put my personal phone number in it . So you can call or text me anytime you want and whenever you miss me.