13| Whine

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Make sure you had read Chapter 12 before this.
-naya

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Kazmus Rozanov. And the eight-pointed star in his house was their oath. Their language. Their sign.

Naalala ko ang naging usapan noon ni Drake kasama ang mga kabanda. It was during their break when the boys gathered in the drum seat and talked about the Mafioso and Bratva. The two most powerful underground organizations in the world. Drake compared the two Mafia organizations to best friends; they have good and strong relationships and sometimes work together to achieve a common goal. Nabanggit din nito na ang mga Mafioso ay malalaman na Italian kapag may Rolex na relo (hindi ko alam kung bakit) at ang mga Bratva naman ay may eight-pointed star na tattoo bilang simbolo para malaman na nasa brotherhood ito.

Mark, one of Drake's bandmates, shushed him and lectured him about mentioning the Russian. While talking about the Mafioso publicly would endanger you, Bratva would never hesitate to blow off your head the moment you mentioned them.

Sapat na ang pananahimik ni Drake pagkatapos sabihin ng kaibigan ito para malaman ko na delikado nga sila. Drake would never shut his mouth. He was ignorant most of the time and openly talked about the Mafia like he was part of it.

Maybe he was. That's why they killed him.

And for once in his life, he said something right.

Kazmus looked down at me, his expression unchanging, as if he wasn't shocked by my outburst and as if he was actually expecting me to react that way. He blinked his eyes so slowly.

"Not yet."

Not yet.

I wriggled in his arms, but he tightened his hold on me as if knowing my plan.

"Ibaba mo ako," I demanded.

"No."

"You're a Bratva! You're a Vory!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms in the air. I don't know exactly what that meant, but the men made it sound like it was a bad thing, dangerous, and someone you should not mess with.

And Kazmus looked like someone you should not mess with.

Because of the fading sunlight, the golden hues in his eyes appeared brown. I was so captured with the majestic color that I couldn't hear what he was saying.

"Huh?"

Sumimangot siya. It's cute how his eyebrows draw together and his lips pout slightly.

"I asked you why you were staring at me like that after you figured out I was a thief."

"Magnanakaw ka?!"

He rolled his eyes. Yes. He rolled that eyeballs.

"Sometimes, but it was just a term."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and rolled my tongue over my dry lips. Saglit na napukaw doon ang atensyon niya bago umiwas ng tingin. The angle in his jaw jumped.

"Saan mo ako dadalhin?"

"Church."

"Why?"

May nakita akong Helicopter - wait. Kinurap ko ang mga mata at baka namamalikmata lang ako pero hindi. There was a helicopter waiting in a clear area.

"We'll attend a wedding," simpleng sagot niya.

Nanlalaki ang mga mata ko nang pinasok niya ako sa loob ng Helicopter. Sinara niya ang pintuan sa gilid.