4| Bride candidate

CHAPTER FOUR

Kazmus paced back and forth outside the animal cage. The Beast doesn't want to eat, drink nor walk, he just lays in the corner, snarling to whoever tries to come near him. Kazmus was close to going inside and forced the Lion to eat, collar him and drag him outside for a walk like a fucking dog.

But Kazmus can't do that. The animal was his but the animal itself doesn't want to acknowledge that. He was stubborn, wild, and deadly even Kazmus was unable to tame him.

"Lord Rozanov, tinanggihan niya ang pagkain niya," Gus spoke beside him eyes downcast, not just because it was against the rule to look in Kazmus eyes but because the man itself was intimidating. Rule or not, you would feel the need to lower your eyes in submission.

Kazmus glances at the food tied and mouth taped in the corner, shaking, crying, and begging to be released. The food even wet his pants in fear of Kazmus wild Beast.

Hindi na kayang pigilan ni Kazmus ang sarili at tila apoy na nagliyab. "WHY HE DOESN'T WANT TO EAT?!" His voice was loud like thunder.

The food tied breathe in relief, thanking all the Saints, the animal that was supposed to feast on his flesh decided a diet. But another wave of fear and nausea crashed through him as he watched Kazmus booming anger. The food cowered, not meeting his eyes. Mas nakakatakot pa siya sa alaga niya, sa isip niya.

"Baka may sakit," suhestiyon ni Gus.

"Where is his Vet?"

This time Gus grimaced. "Uhm...he's dead, Mr. Rozanov."

"What?!" Kazmus snapped his head towards him. "Who killed him?!"

"Uhm...nilapa siya ng alaga mo kahapon, Sir."

Natahimik si Kazmus at hinalukay sa isipan niya ang nangyari. Oh, yes indeed, the animal ate him. Stupid bastard trying to inject something on my animal, he shook his head.

"What's up, dabarkads!" Dashiel arrived, announcing his presence. Pero nang makita niya ang nakakamatay na tingin ni Kazmus at nanginginig na lalaki sa gilid, napangisi siya. "Ayaw pa rin kumain ni Simba?"

"Don't call my Beast that!"

Tumawa si Dashiel. Alam niyang hindi ito ang oras para magbiro dahil nag-aalburoto ang bulkan pero hindi niya mapigilang maging masaya. Masaya siya at excited.

"H'wag na kasing pakainin ng karne. Bigyan mo ng damo baka vegetarian na si Aslann."

Gustong humagalpak ni Gus sa kawalangyaan at katapangan ng kaibigan na sumagot pero nang makita na nagtatagis na ang bagang ni Kazmus ay tinikom niya ang bibig. Wala pa siyang balak mabaon sa ilalim ng lupa.

"Why are you doing here? Where is she? Did you make her sign the marriage contract?" sunod-sunod na tanong ni Kazmus, kinakalma ang sarili.

Nagtataka si Gus kung sino si she pero kinimkim niya muna ang katanungan. Tsismoso si Dashiel, makukuha niya ang sagot dito.

Samantala ay mas lalo namang lumapad ang ngisi ni Dashiel. Lakas loob na lumapit pa siya sa kulungan ng pet ni Kazmus at sinuri ito na parang isang sayantipiko na nakatuklas ng buto ng Dinosaur.

"Hindi ko siya kasama at wala ring marriage contract." Humarap siya kay Kazmus.

Kazmus' eyes were hard and unforgiving, the wrath behind his cruel dark orbs was enough to make Dashiel's knees melted but he stood on his ground. Kailangan niyang subukan ang mga paraan para hindi madamay si Everiss sa mundo nila. The woman was nice, she deserves a rainbow, not a storm. Even if he has to fight the storm, he will. Dashiel won't drag an innocent woman in Rozanov's games.