Father dearest

They arrive at a huge mansion on the top of a hill, there are no other houses in sight. It's a beautiful house. "Is this where you grew up?" Alaina asks. Ethans expression and entire body language has changed, "yes." He answers blankly. Ethan gets out of the car, and walks to Alainas side, opening the door for her.

"Thank you." She kisses him on the cheek. He relaxes his shoulders a bit and smiled down at her. They walk into the house together and there are so many people around. Ethans father greets them at the door.

"My favorite son." Jacob yells from across the room. "Thanks dad." Their father laughs. This man is so intimidating, You can see where Ethan gets it from. "Father." "Oh come on you can't still be mad at me after all these years." Ethan and his father are the exact same height, same body shape, it's like looking into a creepy mirror.

"I'm not." Ethan replies. "Your body language seems to tell me differently son." His eyes dart down to Alaina. "Are you not going to introduce me?" "This is Alaina, my girlfriend." His fathers eyes light up. "Girlfriend?" He says surprisingly. Alaina smiles, "yes sir, it's nice to meet you." He smiles, "She has manners as well, you picked a good one." His father winks at him. Ethan is standing there stone faced, he looks intimated which he never has before.

*picked? The fuck?* Alaina thinks in her head.

"Are we done here?" Ethan asks still making eye contact with him. His father glares at him. "Sure.. make yourself at home." He says looking at Alaina. "Thank you." Alaina answers. Ethan grabs Alainas hand walking away from him.

They walk over to the table of drinks and Ethan starts to make two martinis. "What was that about?" Alaina questions. "It's not important." Ethan says. Alainas face drops and she just looks at him. Ethan makes eye contact with her, "I will tell you later love, okay? There are too many listening ears here." She sighs, "okay." He kisses the top of her head.

A boy about Ethans age walks over to them. "I can see you don't want to be here either." Ethans eyes light up, "Jackson." Jackson laughs and grabs him into a hug. "Why were you dragged here?" "My mother made me." He looks at Alaina." "Hello beautiful." Ethans smile fades. "Watch yourself, you may be my favorite cousin but she belongs to me." Jackson smiles, "I was just playing around, I have a girlfriend as well or more like a submissive." Alainas mouth drops open slightly, he does this too?

"You finally found a girl that is willing to deal with your idiocy?" Ethan asks. Jackson smirks. "She is a slave, so she does what I ask of her." Ethan nods. Alaina eyes him up and down, *a girl would really submit to that? Gross. He has nice blue eyes and a good muscle build but that's all he has going for him, his attitude automatically made him unattractive. "I'd rather not speak about what my girlfriend is, that is private in our relationship." Ethan states. Jackson raises an eyebrow in surprise, "I thought we always told each other, Ethan." "Not when it comes to her." Ethan replies. "By her body language, and facial expression I'm gonna go with a brat." Jackson smirks.

Ethan puts his hand in his pocket and presses #2. Alainas breathing pattern is hitched for a second. "I'll see you guys later." Jackson walks away. Ethan turns it off. "What was that for?" "I didn't like him checking you out." "What does that have to do with me?" Alaina questions. "Stop talking back, Alaina." He warns. "No, that wasn't even my fault.." he turns it on again except on a higher setting. Alaina grabs his arm for stability. After a minute when Alaina gets close, "please." She whispers. He turns it off. She gets completely frustrated, and removes her hand from him. He looks over at her, "I warned you, you want to be a brat I will treat you like one." She huffs and looks at the ground.

A dinging sound goes across the room, "can I have everyone's attention please." Ethans father. "I would like to thank everyone for being here and attending this year, it is always great to be surrounded by family and the ones you love." Ethan grabs Alaina and puts her in front of him, placing his hands on her waist. She places her hands on top of his and leans against his chest. "Dinner will be served shortly, for now continue having drinks as you please." Jacob walks over to them. "If he speaks again, I'm jumping off the roof." Ethan rolls his eyes, "you are always so dramatic." "Did you just forget what he did to us?" "Of course I didn't forget Jacob." "For fucks sake can I be let in on what is going on?" Jacob and Ethan both look at Alaina and sign. Jacob finishes his drink, "I'll tell you." "No you are drunk Jacob." "Yeah but I still remember how he fucked us over Ethan."

Jacob grabs Alaina's hand leading her outside to the patio. "Jacob slow down." She takes the drink out of his shaky hand setting it down on the table. He runs a hand through his messy hair.

"Our father promised all three of us the company, when we were all of age he made a contest..." he trails off with tears in his eyes.

Alaina cocks her head to the side, "what contest?"

"Our father murdered our mother after she wouldn't give him what he wanted anymore. We didn't realize at the time that she was his head submissive."

Alainas eyes widen.

"The contest was, who ever was willing to get rid of the body and take over his current submissives would run the company." Jacob looks down with tears in his eyes.

"None of us would do it, so in exchange he decided to have this get together every year speaking about our mother and forces us to sit through it and if we do not show he would frame us for it."

Ethan walks out, and sighs seeing the tears streaming down Jacobs face. Alaina is standing there in shock.

She looks over to Ethan with sorrow in her eyes. Then she clenches her fists and a look of anger takes over, her face starts burning red, and she sees their father standing inside.

A mumble comes out of her mouth, "I'm going to
Murder him." She starts to walk in and Ethan grabs her by the waist, holding her back. "No."

"What do you mean no? Ethan he deserves to be brutally tortured and..."

Ethan takes a hand and covers her mouth. "Shut your mouth. Now."

Jacob is standing there looking at the ground with a look of defeat.

Alaina sighs and closes her eyes for a second. She looks up at Ethan, and he takes his hand away placing it back on her waist. "Im sorry." She mumbles. "Don't be we're working on a plan love."

Jacob nods at Ethan's words, still frozen.

Alaina leans forward and wraps her arms around his waist, breathing his scent in. He still has a hold on her waist and runs the other one through her hair.

"Boys, come join the party, dinner is about to be served." Their father cockily says looking at them with a grin.