14- Faking It

How so much could happen in a span of less than ten minutes, you would never know.

The giant green robot rolled through the streets, uncaring about the victims running around. It seemed to be a couple hundred feet away from you, quickly closing the gap in only a few seconds.

As you watched the enormously large machine make its way towards you, a decision had to be made.

Clenching and unclenching your hand into a fist slowly, with your muscles tightening, you appraised the strength within it. Would it even be possible for me to beat that thing?

Uncertainly, you looked back up once more as it progressed towards you, and took off running in the opposite direction. 

Eyes nearly tearing up at the speed you managed, you regretted your precious thoughts. Nope. Nope-ity nope-ity nope. That was stupid to even consider.

Big robot equals big danger. I'm not even gonna try it unless I have to. Despite Recovery Girl coming to heal us, I'm not about to make a fool of myself by trying and possibly failing to take down that thing. I'm not like Izuku. I couldn't be that shameless. 

....Or could I?

..

..

......Shut.

"Help!" A shrill scream snapped your head to a boy stuck under a large patch of rubble. "Somebody help me please!"

Redirecting your path, you bounded over to the boy. Once you reached him, you got down on one knee and and the pieces that had fallen, freeing him. Grabbing and dropping chunks of rock beside him, you fought the urge to make a face at the unpleasant scratches on his face. One of his eyes was tinted red from a small stream trickling from a wound above his eyebrow.

He gasped as you lifted him out of the small dent in the ground, in shock.  It didn't seem that he was terribly aware of his surroundings. "Is... is this death?" He croaked in a pitiful manner.

Grimacing slightly with a small smile, you shook your head with him in your arms, adding a small shrug. "Well, it doesn't exactly look like health my guy."

Finding a safe spot to leave the brown haired boy proved to be easier than imagined. Setting him down beside a heavy pillar supporting the perimeter area, you went off to find more enemies.

Crushing a final one-pointer, another shriek sounded. 

Sighing with a turn, you prepared for another rescue. What do they want now? I'd like to be nice and go to them easily, but it's starting to get a bit old.

The shrieking brought your eyes to a degraded, ruined area in the middle of a street a few blocks down. Sprinting down to the street, your breath hitched at the sight. The green robot was rolling towards a pile of debris mixed with applicants.

It's heading right for all those people!  You panicked, looking from side to side for any applicants who could help. Uh, somebody?! 

A snort. 'I swear, you dumbass, you're supposed to help. Nobody else is gonna show up! If you wanna do something now would be the time!'

Shaking your head, you argued with yourself. Am I sure? I mean, they'll get healed later right? What if I just leave them? 

No! I'll feel guilty for ages! That's it! Not a shred of goodwill in this body! I AM EVERYTHING SINFUL IN THIS WORLD AND I AM SAVING THESE VESSELS FOR YOUNG SOULS SIMPLY AND EXCLUSIVELY FOR SELFISH REASONS!!