3. Finding a Way Back

Scott Calvin reappears in a bathroom wearing an expensive looking suit. He doesn't look like Santa anymore. No beard, no fat, no white hair. "Okay, so, the Mississippi factory needs to know if we want them to ship 100,000 units or 200,000," a man informs him when he walks out. Scott looks around confused. "They won't ship tomorrow because it's Christmas, but they will ship Thursday which means..."

"They're not gonna ship tomorrow because it's Christmas?" Scott asks, interrupting him. 

"Yes, sir," he nods.

"This is Christmas Eve?" Scott asks.

"Yes, sir."

"What are you doing here? Why are we working?" 

"We always work Christmas Eve," The guy tells him, confused. What was going on with Scott Calvin? He's never acted like this before. 

"We do?"

"Of course," he nods.

"Well, that's... That's ridiculous. Christmas Eve is when you spend time with your family. Where's my family tonight?" Scott asks him.

"I really don't know, Mr. Calvin."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you rarely see them and you don't mention them," he informs.

"Where are my car keys," he asks. He grabs them and drives to his ex-wife's last known address.

He rings her doorbell and Laura comes to answer the door, "Hey," he greets with a grin.

"What are you doing here?" She asks him, angrily.

"Well, I just came over to see..." he trails off seeing how angry she is.

"See what? Why on Earth would you drag yourself all the way over here?" She asks with a glare.

"Is that Derek?" Charlie asks, heading down the stairs.

"No, and you're not going out tonight," Laura tells her son.

"Yeah, okay," He rolls his eyes. "What is he doing here?" He asks, seeing his father.

"Came over to see you," Scott smiles at him.

"Why? You know I don't want to see you after what you did," He looks at him with disgust.

"'Cause we don't see each other enough," Scott tells him as a car pulls up and beeps his horn. Charlie and his mother look at each other in confusion.

"I'm outta here," he told his mother, shaking his head and pushing past both adults.

"Oh, come on, Charlie, it's Christmas Eve," Laura tries to convince him.

"Do either of us care, Mom? She hated Christmas anyway," he walks away, muttering the last part.

"Charlie," Scott says sternly.

"What?"

"Come back here. Charlie!" he yells as his son walks and drives away with his friends.

"Good night, Scott," Laura tries shutting the door on her ex-husband, but he stops her.

"Wait, wait! Can you help me find Carol?" He asks her.

"Carol?" Laura asks, confused.

"Carol Newman," he explains.

"Carol Newman, the principal of Charlie's school, Carol Newman?" Laura asked him. Why would he want to know about her?

"Yeah, do you know where she is?" Scott asks.

"I don't know. She moved away. Ran out of local kids to terrify, I guess. I don't know," She answers him. "What is the matter with you?"