Which means any supernatural can kill me at any time.

And now that my identity is revealed, any and everyoneone will be coming after me. I don't know how much I can do at the moment.

Of course they did this to me. One last screw you to the dark sorceress.

"If I may." Now that is a sound I love to hear.
The others do not seem as pleased.

"Is the whole point of having the accused join a court not to have trusted royals and nobles keep an eye on them?" Arya questions.

"It is." The lycan king answers.

"Then if there was another alternative serving the same purpose wouldn't it be a viable option?"

"It would be." The merfolk guardian agrees and I see the others glare at both him and Arya.

"In that case, we propose Nova-Cielle Vermillion to join the A haven."

A haven? From what Ace said I didn't think a human could join one of those.

"I have with me an official request from the haven to have her join their ranks."

A haven? As in a place full of different supernaturals under protection from the court of kings? Yes, please.

"It would appear that you now have a third option. Choose wisely." Isla advices.

"I choose the haven." I think. Why am I just realising how little I know about havens? Fuck me. I really should have put a little more thought into this one.

"Very well. You will remain with the A haven for five years awaiting review." Five years!! Please tell me I did not hear that right. I can't be stuck in one place for five years, I have to go find Kai!
Packs let members visit places, right? Havens could too.

But the whole point of me being there is for them to keep an eye on me.

I should have just gone with the human jurisdiction.

"This concludes the trial of Nova-Cielle Vermillion." Isla announces before going on about heavens knows what. I am still in a daze.

Fucking assholes.

I am escorted back to the room where I am left alone. With no idea what I am supposed to be doing, I start walking around the room.

When the door opens, I do not expect to see Isla of all people walk in the room. The sorceress supreme.
I have such a problem with that title. It implies she is superior to other sorceresses when that is simply not the case.

"Are you here to kill me?" I ask intrigued. For some reason this woman interests me.

"No. I am here to apologise." Uhh... What?

"I apologise for the crimes of the previous sorceress supreme. You did not deserve that. Neither did your brother." I'm sorry, is this really happening? I have to be dreaming, right?

"I am sorry for not stopping John before he got his claws in you." She was not even the sorceress supreme at that time.

"I will accept your apology when you do better." I tell her.

"That's why I wanted you as a maiden. You'd keep me in line." She smiles at me.

Wait, that's why she wanted me? Really? And I blew that opportunity. I could have been a maiden. It is an extreme honour to serve as a sorceress supreme's maiden. The maidens help govern the witching world while also keeping an eye on the actions of the witch leader. Most witches who are not sorcerers dream of being chosen.

But I would never be happy. I could never feel free back with the witches. Even if Isla seems like a good one.

"I do not need the title to keep an eye on you." After I have served my time with the haven, I will be watching her closely.

"I just have one question. Why would you do that to yourself?" Her voice is barely above a whisper as she eyes me with confusion and curiosity.

"I was eighteen," I remind her, "still an impulsive teenager." Now I'm an impulsive adult. Not much has changed.

"I still do not understand." You probably never will.

"My parents were killed in an effort to get me because the child traffickers somehow heard about a wild sorceress prodigy. After that I was tortured for months as a way to test my power. Then I was imprisoned, threatened and used as a battery for almost a year. The last straw was when I thought my magic had killed my own brother. It's hard to understand when magic is your life, but in my eighteen year old grief-stricken and exhausted brain, my magic was the cause of all of my problems. It had taken everything I care about from me. Magic was the enemy. So I killed my enemy." In hindsight, that was an incredibly stupid decision, but it is what it is.

Being a human was nice, but it was all just an illusion. An illusion of happiness, an illusion of freedom. I'm finally ready for the real thing.

"I hope we meet again Nova-Cielle." She smiles as she stands up.

"We will." I can feel it.

Just as she walks out, the door opens and none other than Alaric walks in. My mood immediately plummets.

Ace, Arya and Aedion come in behind him. I guess it is time to say goodbye. Only they don't look sad. Won't they miss me?

"This is going to be so fun." Arya smirks at me.

What now?

----------------------------------------------
A little something extra 😙❤

Thoughts?