Chapter Twenty-nine: the princess and the bitch

Start from the beginning

   I was aiming for something. I knew Peyton would be there. From the information I got from Zimò, she had no choice but to be there with her husband. In the past, she avoided it, but if I knew her properly, she would attend after seeing me at the club, to make sure Rominic isn't aware of my existence. I wanted to give her the shock of her life.

~~~

   Stepping out of the limo with Tyra chewing gum extremely noisily beside me, I smiled sweetly as the paparazzi took pictures. They probably didn't know who I was and was wondering because I didn't come with Rominic and they didn't know Rominic had daughters as well. Well, until Tyra stepped out still chewing her gum. Sera stepped out, smiling like the world was welcoming the greatest queen of all time, making sure they get good shots of her.

   "Serenity," I called, leaning on the car. Serene refused to step out. "Come out, please?"

   "I don't know," she murmured shakily, "I'm scared," she whimpered, shifting deeper into the car. I completely understood her. The first time I stepped on a red carpet with Rominic, I passed out. Yeah, not my finest moment. Serenity had my shyness to an extent, mostly when she's not clinging to Zachary or Zyaire. "What if they hate me?"

   "Who has ever hate you? Serene, you don't need to worry. Just look at Sera," I looked over my shoulder and smiled as Sera posed for the camera, acting like a celebrity peacock. I rolled my eyes back to Serenity. "She's doing just fine,"

   "She's Sera, Mom, she's always fine," Serenity huffed, crossing her arms stubbornly, at least she was no longer shy. "I'm not like her, I don't have metal for brains." Somehow, Sera heard that because I could feel her glare on my back. I laughed a little, they were going to bicker if I don't get her out of the car. "Can't I just stay in..."

   "Serenity," Rominic's voice came from behind me, like a hoarse exhale of breath. I momentarily froze from the sudden proximity and appearance. My eyes widened a bit because I was not expecting him to come out, at all. Rominic gently pushed me aside and stretched his hand out to Serenity. "Please, for daddy?" To my not so surprise and displeasure, she smiled and took his hand. Rominic pulled her out, adjusted her dress and took her hand again, I was still frowning.

   "Why do they all think you are cool, I am way cooler."

   "No, you're not," Serenity and Sera blunted out, causing the reaction of my lips parting in shock and betrayal. Rominic winked at me, to which I frowned again, causing him to laugh wholeheartedly as he led Serene inside. She was skipping at his side while Sera walked ahead of them. I placed my hands on my hips as I continued to scowl at his back. Once upon a time, I had the children all to myself. Once upon a time, they loved just me and me alone. Once upon a time, it was said that male children are for their mother but here I am, envying how fast he stole their attention and trust.

What a showoff.

   I felt a hand around my shoulder, followed by a very loud annoying laughter. He tugged me to his side, causing my body to sway unsteadily which made me groan and stomp on his foot. "Ow, aren't you getting too violent, purple plum?"

   "Apollo, what can I do to get rid of you?"

   "Leave that fat ass for me, I fuck better,"

   "And you cum lesser." I retorted. He burst into laughter like a drunkard, tightening his hold around my neck. I swat his arm away and walked ahead of him.

   "Are you sure you won't marry me? I can be the man of your dreams," he shouted after me.

   "I'm sorry, this ship don't accept passengers with STD!" I shouted as I finally entered the building, leaving him on the blue carpet. I could still hear him foolishly laughing behind me. Shaking my head at him, I made my way across the hall to the ballroom. Some flight of stairs led down to it. I held my dress and gracefully walked down, running my eyes around to look for my friends.