Girl Meets Home for the Holidays

"Matthews!" I said into the com.

"(Y/n)?" a man questioned.

"Matthews!" I replied jokingly.

"And Farkle," Farkle added, letting go of the button so he could kiss my cheek.

I blushed in surprise. Farkle looked up, and I saw a mistletoe. Being Farkle, he knew that he only kissed me on the cheek.

We went up to the apartment and knocked. I was practically bouncing on my feet. Mr. Matthews said his family was going to be there this year.

"Come in!" Riley called.

I opened the door, and Shawn jumped in surprise. He looked at the two of us in disbelief.

"Minkus," Shawn said.

"Yes?" Farkle said, confused.

"McGuire?" Shawn questioned.

"That's my name," I replied, setting my coat on the coat rack.

Shawn looked amazed. "Wow."

~~~

I sat next to Farkle, both of drinking hot chocolate. We were sitting in the bay window, facing the couch. Farkle wiped some whipped cream off my lip, making me blush.

"Hold this, will you?" Josh asked, handing the ornament to Auggie.

"Should we be doing this?" Auggie asked unsurely.

"Absolutely," Josh said, grinning.

"What's the difference between having a younger daddy and an older daddy?" Auggie asked.

"Younger daddy doesn't fall asleep in the middle of a party?" Josh guessed.

Auggie pointed behind him at Mr. Matthews and Shawn. They snored away. Maya and Riley got up from their seats, making me wonder what was going to happen.

"How could you possibly not like Riley and (Y/n)?" Maya questioned.

"Maya," Riley scolded.

"What is she talking about?" Shawn asked.

"Whenever you do come here, it's like you find some excuse not to talk to us, and then you leave," Riley admitted.

I had to agree quietly. Shawn has said a couple of things to me and left before I could even goodbye.

"I talk to you two. I'm talking to you right now," Shawn reasoned.

"When's our birthdays? What's our favorite colors?" Riley questioned.

"Riley, that stuff doesn't matter," Shawn argued.

"It does matter. Tell us what you know," Maya insisted.

"Girls... Shawn knows your birthdays," Mr. Matthews assured us.

"How do you know?" Mr. Matthews asked.

"He knows," Mr. Matthews repeated.

"Dinner, everybody!" Mrs. Matthews announced.

~~~

Farkle left, his parents wanting him home for dinner instead of here. We ate. Mrs. Matthews looked at all of us in disbelief.

"Five minutes. That dinner took two days to cook. You animals ate it in five minutes!" Mrs. Matthews exclaimed.

"What's for dessert, Mom?" Riley asked.

"Nothin'!" Mrs. Matthews snapped.

"I want you to sit there for two days and think about that dinner you just devoured. And then maybe I'll give you a cupcake," Mrs. Matthews explained.