Chapter 4 [Restless Night]

[Art is not mine]

Tatsumi's P.O.V

It was rather late into the evening when i arrived in the capital in the first place and they had me sleeping in the empress' room, i have to say the bed we were sleeping in was a hell of a lot more comfortable than the stone bed's i sleep on almost every night.

But just like every night for me, i couldn't rest even in the slightest 'cause when ever i got my eye's closed i only saw that...thing staring into my soul.

thing staring into my soul

Tyrant:"RAGH!"

My eye's shot open once again and i was left in a dark room.

Tatsumi:"Oh for god sake's give me a break, just let me sleep for at least five minute's."

I haven't gotten a true night's sleep in at least seven year's, it's likely due to either my Hybrid blood or because of...that night a night i can never forget.

I got out of the bed and went to the window and just looked out on the kingdom.

Tatsumi:(To rule over a kingdom like this must be pretty hard work, i have respect for anyone that can rule over a place like this and not let it go to there head, especally people her age

Tatsumi:(To rule over a kingdom like this must be pretty hard work, i have respect for anyone that can rule over a place like this and not let it go to there head, especally people her age.)

Tonight isn't like that night but it's pretty close just add some rain and lightning and it would be an exact replica of that night, i looked over at the empress who was still peacefully asleep and just thought to myself.

Tatsumi:(How is she able to get a full night's rest knowing the stress she's facing the next morning, or is she so far down that rabbit hole she doesn't even notice how stressed she is? I'll never know but i have a lot of respect for her.)

I walked over to the bookshelf and grabed one of the book's there and started reading it in hope's it would help me get at least some what tired so i could get some rest.

Tatsumi:(Huh? Why is this book so familiar? Have i read it before? This book is to familiar to me, this isn't a coincidence it can't be i refuse to believe it.)

As i continued to read i felt a presence behind me as if it was watching over me.

Tatsumi:"...Mother?"

It's been so long since i've seen her, the last time i saw her was that damned night, the night i lost everything and everyone i cared about.

Tatsumi:(Damnit...Damnit all to hell, that man will pay for what he's done with his dirty blood, his death will be spoken of for year's to come and it will be heard from near and far, it will make history as the bloodiest execution in year's.):"Hm, that will be the day i get rid of this weight on my shoulder's, but before that a certant jackass has to pay for his part in it as well."

I walked around the room for around an hour thinking to myself, but then a surprise hit me, i almost passed out from how little i had slept for a couple year's, maybe tonight i'll actually get to sleep without that night haunting me.

I got back in the bed but it couldn't have been simply just fall asleep now could it, the empress pulled my face into he breast while she was asleep.

Tatsumi:"Y-Your highness, are you actually awake?"

She didn't respond her eye's were still closed and she showed no sign of consciousness, i finally let me guard down and wraped my arm's around her waist so i could finally fell asleep i only hope she doesn't mind me holding her.

Akame's P.O.V

Little does he know i was awake the entire time, i've just gotten really good at faking being asleep.

[Hope everyone enjoyed the chapter i'll see y'all later bye]