Chapter 25 (epilogue)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Well, it was mostly Lizzie to be honest. I was so tired of your shit." Scarlett sadly chuckled. "I was a shitty fiancé and dad. I only understood it the day you hand me back the ring. I'm sorry you know for never being here."

"At least you changed, you're doing everything you can for her. What happened between us is in the past.  We have a daughter together we can't hold grudge against each other." She answered him honestly.

"Lizzie, she's the one? Always have been." He sighed sadly. Even when the two women were just friends he knew they were made to be together whatever relationship it was. Lovers, friends... Lizzie was Scarlett's person. "You know I never had romantic feelings towards her when we were together, or at least none that I knew of."

"I know, anyway you better get back home or she'll worry." He told her looking at his watch. They didn't see how much time they spent chatting around that it already has been forty-five minutes. "I should. Thanks again, Romain. Come here." Scarlett gestured for him to hug her.

"Shit. I'm sorry Scar. Thoughts you were heading right." Romain panicked when they kissed, Scarlett wiped her lips laughing awkwardly. "It's okay Romain, no problem here. I'll probably tell what happened to Lizzie though." She said honestly taking Rose's coat from her ex.

"Yeah uh sorry again. I'll say goodbye then I'll let you be." He walked off toward Rose, the little girl hug him when he kneel to be at her height. She then runs to her mum putting her coat on "Mommy is mama home?"

"Yeah, she is don't worry. I'm starting to think that you're a mama's girl and not a mommy's." Scarlett mumbled to herself. They get home and went to the foyer taking their coat and shoes off. "Sweetheart we're home!"

She didn't have an answer so she went upstairs to the library with Rose on her heels, Lizzie wasn't in it anymore but pacing around the living room. "Here go hide this in your room would you?" Scarlett discreetly asked Rose, Handing her the envelope, when she sees how upset Lizzie look.

"Lizzie, what's wrong ?" She asked taking her hand but the younger woman snatch it away. "What's wrong? Where were you ?"

"I told you I went to pick Rose up from her dad's house why? You never react like that." Lizzie scoffed and throw her phone on the table, it slides until Scarlett catch it. "You never kissed your ex when you did."

"I didn't- oh my God Lizzie that's not-" Scarlett started saying but is cut off by Lizzie again. "Don't you dare lie to me, Scarlett. It's a fucking picture."

"Please I'm sorry, just let me explain." Scarlett pleaded while the other actress wipe her cheeks. Lizzie gesture for her to go on. "I'm sorry, I- That's not- Lizzie please I'm sorry." Scarlett wanted so badly to explain the situation but the words were stuck in her, nothing want to get out.

Lizzie let out a breath she was holding for a long time, letting a sob out. "I trusted you, I gave you my everything and you did the one thing that could destroy me!" Lizzie bites her lip when she notices that she's getting louder.

For a lot of people kissing isn't cheating, but for Lizzie, it's everything she feared. The feeling of never being enough, the fear of being replaced, losing her family. "Liz, Lizzie I'm sorry okay, I we can- fuck I'm sorry." Scarlett panicked seeing Lizzie's states.

The younger woman shakes her head and heads towards her bedroom. Scarlett slams her hand on the counter in frustration not knowing why she had a blockage at this moment. She sighs and went after Lizzie. "Just fucking tell her that it wasn't your fault."

"What-What are you doing?" She stuttered once she's in her room seeing Elizabeth frantically moving around their room bringing her things into a suitcase. "Packing." Elizabeth simply answered sniffing.