Chapter 19

December 19th, 2021:

"Tomorrow we have our first lecture it's going to be great." Adelaide said to Lizzie, both of them were on the couch and Lizzie had Rose on her lap. "I never had one, marvel kept too much secret to have one." Lizzie chuckled.

"It's really great to know what happens in the episode even if you're not in the scenes. And it gave us an idea of work we'll have." Adelaide explained while Matt lazily makes his way downstairs. "What are you girls talking about?"

"Boring stuff." Rose answered for them in a sigh. She would much rather speak about her new book, but her mama was busy talking about work. "Oh, I see, want to come with me to the kitchen? Letting your mama and Adelaide talk about boring stuff while we make cool Christmas cookies?"

"Really?! Can I please mama?" She asked turning around with puppy eyes, Lizzie chuckle and stroke her hair nodding. "Of course you can, have fun."

"Yeah, I want to make a reindeer." She jumped off Lizzie's lap and run next to Matt, Elizabeth mouthed a 'thank you' to Matt when the two of them start to make their way to the kitchen. "She's a cute kid." Adelaide commented.

"She is, she's smart too like crazy smart. And she's a mommy's girl. Not to forget that she's a real cuddle bug." Lizzie said in her proud mama's voice. "Do you want kids with your girlfriend?" She asked curiously.

"I do want kids, but I'm not sure my actual girlfriend would be the person I have them with." Adelaide confesses with a slightly sad face. "Why not?"

"We're having a hard time and it's just won't stop, long-distance doesn't work for all the couples I guess. We both have careers important to us with an ocean in between." She explained sliding her hands nervously on her legs. "It's okay I think we rushed into a relationship because we knew otherwise it wouldn't last. But now that we're really doing long-distance with time difference we see why it was a bad idea to rush into it."

"Yeah I know how it feels, the first year Scarlett and I got together we have to do long distances too. I was in Los Angeles to film Sorry for your loss and she was in Europe to film Jojo Rabbit. It was the worst couple of months of my life, we would call when we could but still not coming home to Scarlett and Rose was hard. We had quite a few fights only because we were tired and stressed and it was the first time since we got together that we weren't together if it makes sense? I'm happy we didn't break at this time because now they're all I have, just don't give up now maybe you'll be surprised. And if it turns out that you aren't made to be together then you won't regret it."

"Thanks for your advice but you and Scarlett aren't an example, you could be a rom-com movie." Adelaide joked making Lizzie gasp in shock. "We aren't! Seriously we aren't. Look at what we just went through."

"And yet you are back together as if nothing happened at one week from Christmas." The brunette said with a small smirk. "It's not like that, we're working on it. On our communication and trust, we decided it would be great if we have someone to help us. So after the Christmas break, we'll go see a therapist."

"I think it's great that you two got back together but not rushing it. You both love each other but I admire the fact that you both know you need help." Adelaide told her honestly. The front door opens making both women look in the direction of the hallway, Florence and Bella make their way into the living room holding two big boxes each. "You're finally back from your secret trip. Where's Scar?" Lizzie asked frowning when her fiancée didn't follow the two girls.

"With Noah getting the last thing from the car. It's a big thing so they're taking their time." Bella answered putting the boxes on the coffee table. "And what is this big thing ?" Adelaide asked with an eyebrow raised.