Lonely Star (Slater's Pov)

Start from the beginning

Move to Hollywood

After he sold his first few beats, he left his hometown with the money made and immigrated to Los Angeles, California. He lived in a motel room for the first months of his move, working on creating new sounds for underground artists. Ivanov makes remarks on his short stay in the motel, stating "the first few months of living in the States, I lived off other people's dumpster food. I had no money or any industry contacts but I worked on selling as many beats as I could until people started to recognise me."

His stay at the motel would not be long as Slater made his first million approximately four months later. He stayed in Los Angeles for another two years until he moved to New York, where his record company is headquartered.

Scope Universal is a multinational music cooperation founded by Slater Ivanov. It is one of the biggest music companies in the world and has signed licensing agreements with over 300 platforms globally.

 It is one of the biggest music companies in the world and has signed licensing agreements with over 300 platforms globally

In May 2009, Ivanov married supermodel and philanthropist Dasha Vassilieva in Bora Bora. They had daughters, Janessa Kamille in late 2011 and Lilia Rose in early 2014. Despite being raised Jewish, Slater does not practise any religious beliefs and is believed to be an atheist. It was announced in June 2019 that Dasha had passed away after a hidden ongoing battle with leukaemia.

As of 2021, Ivanov is dating ex-nanny Rika Sato-Johnson. Together, they jointly run the Sato Ivanov Foundation, a leading fostering charity which aids those in difficult situations or living conditions.

Slater has struggled with alcohol and drug addiction, and in late 2021, he was admitted to rehabilitation in Japan after a critical overdose. He has since spoken out about the dangers of substance abuse and is currently executive producing his autobiographical film on his troubled life and addiction battle with long time friend and director, Devin Franco.

Legal Issues

Ivanov was arrested and charged with a DUI on his 22nd birthday. His driver's license was suspended for one year and he was given six months of probation. He was ordered to 48 hours of community service and attended 30 hours of Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

In the summer of 2010, he was sentenced to a California state prison after severe parole violations associated with multiple drug charges. He served only five months of his three-year sentence and conducted several hours of community service.

His most notorious charge detailed assaulting vocalist, Sean Rogers after a messy night out. Ivanov spent a total of 30 days in jail for this offence and has since reconciled with Rogers who he now classifies as a close friend.

Slater pictured looking better than ever as he leaves LAX.

It has been two long years since we have heard anything from our favourite Russian producer. After spending ten full months in rehab, the mogul has finally been spotted out and about.