22 | LIGHT TORTURE

Start from the beginning

I swallow back my pulsing anger. "I am not talking about him."

This peaked his interest. I could tell by the way his eyes flashed across my face. He was trying to read my emotions but I was as blank as I could get my face. "What was his name?"

"I am not talking about him." I bark out and move forward as if to lunge at him. The ropes keep me stuck and trapped and I can't help but feel the frustration zip through me.

"He's the one that killed Diana Salvatore." Luciano's anger simmered like fire in his eyes. "At least that's what Alana says, so tell me Francesca Grey, who killed Diana?"

I scoffed. A stupid boy, he knew nothing of the person that haunted me. He hadn't just killed Diana, he had done something way more wicked than any of us could ever imagine. "If you know so much then you should know what his name is."

"I know who he was, not who he is, now." Luciano cuts me again and I hiss.

I am going to rip this man into pieces.

"Your guess is a good as mine." I mumble as I gather the strength to say anything. I was extremely weak and the more he added wounds across my body, the weaker I was going to get. I was so unbelievably tired.

Luciano didn't seem to happy with my answer. "He was your closest friend and you don't know who he is, now."

He was more than a friend.

No. I couldn't let myself go back to that time. I had barely escaped. I could not go back.

"I am not talking about him." I say because I wasn't ever going to tell people what he had meant to me. Or rather the person he had used to be meant to me. To this day, I have never spoken of him in detail to anyone besides Brooklyn. I mean, she was there, though and Brooklyn was probably the only one who really understands.

Luciano pops his fingers and steps closer to me so that he can grip my hair. He pushes the blade against my throat and I swallow hard. I don't give him the pleasure of knowing that he is hurting me. It wasn't worth it anymore. I just sit and take the pain because it's easier than going back to the betrayal. To the time where I had trusted him the same way I had trusted myself — there was no doubt or moments of hesitation. Luciano probably would never understand what it feels like to have a part if you stolen away because of someone's complete disregard to your safety: physically and mentally.

"Let's see if we can't make you talk about him." He plunges the knife into my shoulder and twists it. "What is his name?"

"I am not telling you." I muster out through the familiar taste of blood coating my mouth.

"Do you like being tortured? Does this turn you on?"

"You think this is torture?" I struggle to suck in a breath and laugh in response. "This is light work compared to what I am used to."

His eyes were so cold, they looked so much like someone I used to know. The color of the bottom of the sea -- dark, endless, and terrifyingly blue. I had loved these eyes once when they belonged to a different person. A person that had been kind and loyal. Their eyes had been exhilarating to look at and even more so, they had been beautifully alluring. They had been the center of my universe.

"Light torture? We're not even close to being done."

Luciano takes the knife back out before stabbing it back into my shoulder. It's an incredibly crude feeling to be stabbed. Luciano knew that by doing this, I would be terrified that this could be the end of everything for me. I can't be a mafia leader without an arm. I can feel my muscles being ripped apart, the sound of blood squelching, but I know this is all for show. He won't really make my arm unusable, that's not apart of this plan.

I know this to be true when my head is lulled back and looking upwards and I hear him curse in panic. His warm hands the back of my neck and he shakes me to attention. Luciano pulls the knife out and everything goes black. Instead of screaming, I stare deep into his eyes, and faint once again.

 Instead of screaming, I stare deep into his eyes, and faint once again

__________________________________

Next chapter will be a hoot! I promise y'all.