34 | WEDDING RECEPTION

Start from the beginning

"Mmm absolutely not, how about psychotic demon? It has a nice ring to it."

I scrunch my nose at her suggestion and scoff, "That's way too long."

"You're right," Alana says with a giggle. "Vita mia."

"I love when you speak Italian." I murmur. "But especially when you call me your life."

"Mio piccolo diavolo."

"Mmm, may be long but I like that a lot more than psychotic demon."

"Il mio piccolo diavolo è la mia vita."

I snort, "Your little devil is your life."

"Sì, è perfetto, non?"

"Whatever floats your boat, Angel."

Alana chuckles, "Speaking of floating my boat, you got me a fountain."

The grand fountain was huge and the centerpiece of the party as it was smack in the middle of the dance floor. It gurgled and surged and sparkled in the twinkle lights that overhung above us. It really did make everything better and it had been superbly expensive.

"You like?" I spin her.

"Love." She answers, "I also love that our names are at the bottom."

"It's pretty cool, huh?"

Alana nods, "The cooliest."

"That's not even a word!"

"It's a word in my book!" Alana rolls her eyes.

I snort with a laugh, "Not a word."

"Oh, hush, at some point we're going to have to actually converse with everyone, you do know that?"

"Yes," I answer honestly, "I hate it."

Alana smiles, "You'll be fine, vita mia."

"Let's just stay here, like this, for forever." I press my face against the top of her head and sway with her.

"Okay." Alana sighs into me and we're solid and still.

It only lasts a moment before Nehemiah and Elaisa Salvatore makes an unwelcome appearance. "May I dance with my daughter?"

Alana's eyes grow cold as she looks at her father. "No."

I can see emotion in his eyes and Elaisa frowns at her daughter. "Come on, Alana, he's your father."

"She said no." I reply.

"We were not talking to you." Elaisa snaps.

"Does it look like I give a fuck?"

Nehemiah steps forward, "Talk to my wife like that again and I will have you skinned."

"Threaten my wife, again, and I will slice you open like the pig you are." Alana steps forward. She's a force to be reckoned with and Nehemiah steps back at the suddenness of her words.