Chapter 12

(Dipper pov)

I get off the horse and lead her back into the familiar stable putting her back into her stall like she never left. I make sure to feed her before taking her saddle off. I pet her one last time before I carry my bag into the house, already knowing that no one was home except for one person.

I slowly make my way upstairs and stand outside his office door setting my bag down. I unzip it and take out the hun's sword wrapped in a blanket, it having been a trophy I earned after defeating him. Gulping nervously I slowly open the door.

I see my dad sitting at his desk, elbows on the desk and head in his hands looking like he hasn't had a good sleep in a long time. ".....hi dad....." He doesn't even bother looking up.

"Look, I know you are mad and that you and mom won't want anything to do with me but I please need you to at least hear me for once." I set the sword on his desk. "It's a trophy that you can keep and put in your display case along with your other armor. Which I will put back along with everything else I took."

I take the medal off from around my neck and put it on his desk as well. "That's from the emperor as well and again you can keep it."

I take an unsteady breathe trying to regain my nerves.

"I know that you and mom don't understand but I need you to at least listen. This isn't something you can just try to wipe away clean and it isn't a phase. I never felt right in my body, that's why Stan cut my hair when I was 12 even though you and mom banned me from going back there because of it. I had planned for the surgeries to make me a boy for years. I finally feel like I belong in the world again. But I know you and mom will never accept me for being different so....so I will leave you alone now...."

I go to leave when his voice stops me. "You have a name?"

I look at him confused. "I'm sorry?"

"I talked to your sister, after you left. She said that when someone changes their identity like you did that they come up with a new name. So have you a new name?"

"Yes. It's Dipper."

"Like your birthmark?"

"Yes sir."

He picks the medal off the desk and standing up he walks over to me putting the medal back around my neck before he gently grips my shoulders. "No matter what happens I will never stop loving you. You are my child, Dipper. You are my son." I smile softly as he pulls me into a hug and I hug him back.

"Hello? Anyone here?" I hear Bill's voice from downstairs.

I look up seeing my dad looks confused. "I will be right back."

I look go downstairs and see Bill looking around the living room. "What are you doing here? How did you even know I was here?"

He turns to me and I see he has an eyepatch over his right eye now. "Well knowing who your father is it really wasn't that hard to find out where you live."

"Okay but why are you here?"

"There was one thing I wanted to do last night but with the emperoro congradulating you and then you headed home this early morning I didn't get a chance to do it."

"Okay. And what exactly is it you wanted to do?"

He puts an arm around my waist pulling me closer. "This." His other hand cups my cheek softly as his lips connect with mine, my eyes widening in surprise.

I slowly kiss him back, my eyes fluttering shut as my arms find their way around his neck.

The End