You Aren't A Monster.

Everyone left Bruce and I with the puppies, they said they were off for drinks and I said I wasn’t going followed Bruce said if I wasn’t going, he wasn’t. 

“You’re precious aren’t you?” I cooed in a baby-talk voice to the Daley and she crouched and wagged his tail before he pounced on Willow, who was sat in my lap. I was sat criss-crossed on the floor and Bruce was on the couch, leaning over his lap with his elbows on his knees, watching me act like a child and laughing softly. 

“I remember that,” I told him, looking up a few seconds after I said it to see his expression. “You’re laugh.” I added when I saw that he looked confused, I was staring to feel a bit weird. “I remember being in the lab with you and you’d laugh.” he raised his eyebrows and I started remembering things, the head-ache was near unbearable but I kept talking. “I remember falling in love with you. I remember the day that I realized it. The first time I saw you Hulk out.” 

“You fell in love with a monster…” he cleared his throat. I couldn’t tell if it was a question or a statement. 

“No.” 

“That’s what I am.” 

“I know you, Bruce. You aren’t a monster.” I told him. He sat back on the couch and looked to the ceiling and I stayed in the floor, letting Daley chew on my finger. Willow had moved from my lap to the corner where their bed was, asleep. I picked the puppy up and sat him beside Willow, where he stayed

I walked to the cabinets and got down a bottle of tequila. “Yep, this should be enough to get me drunk.” I sighed, sitting down beside Bruce on the couch and pulling the top off the bottle and drinking from it. I tilted the top of the bottle towards him and he grabbed it before taking a small sip. I layed my head over on Bruce’s lap, lying the rest of my body on the couch. He ran his fingers through my hair and took a small sip of tequila every time I took a few drinks.

A few hours of drunken blubbering on my part, Bruce took the bottle away from me and sat it on the glass table behind the couch. I made a half hearted attempt to reach for it but he grabbed my hand and kissed it before laying it down on my chest. “I really love you.” I whined, making him laugh. 

“I love you too.” 

“I mean it.” I nodded to him. 

“I do too.” 

“Good. I thought you forgot.” I grinned and neither of us said anything. He pushed my hair back and twirled it around his fingers.