Natasha Romanoff

The next day, Tony and Bruce left me a note, telling me where they were and what they were doing. He was at a S.H.I.E.L.D meeting and I was surprised he hadn’t left me a babysitter. There was a t-shirt on my floor and I changed into that and a pair of skinny jeans on the end of my bed that was next to a sweatshirt that I put on as well. I walked into my bathroom and frowned at myself, pulling my hair into a bun on top of my head. 

“JARVIS,” I whined, brushing out my ponytail. 

“Yes, Mrs. Banner?” the program asked, the voice coming from a speaker in my wall. Jarvis calling ‘Mrs. Banner’ made me smile and I had a short flashback and was surprised to find it a pleasant one. 

“Doctor Banner!” Captain called. He looked so nervous and out of place, his brown eyes were worried and he looked around for the person who had said his name. 

“Oh, yeah, hi.” the doctor said as he shook hands with the Captain. “They told me you’d be coming.”

“Where did you confine the cube?”

“Is that the only word of me?”

“Only word I care about.”  Steve answered. 

“And you must be Doctor Mackenzie?” Banner asked me, extending a hand. I took his hand and he shook it, smiling and giving me a nod. 

“Yes, sir.” 

“I’ve heard a lot about you.” 

“Oh no…” I joked. 

“Good things,” he reassured. “Good things.” he almost laughed. 

I deducted from the smile on my face that it was our first meeting and smiled in present time as well even though the flashback gave me a headache.

“Will you order something to have for breakfast?” He didn’t answer. 

“Jarvis…” I groaned. I looked in the mirror at my appearance in the mirror, noticing the sweatshirt I had on wasn’t mine. It was blue and had a red circle, then a white circle, then another red, and last a blue circle with a white star inside. The sleeve had ‘CAP’ written on it in marker and I had another flashback:

“Agent Romanoff, Sara.” Phil greeted us as he stood by the Captain. “This is Captain Rodgers, Captain, this is Sara and Natasha.” Captain nodded to the both of us. 

“Ma’am.” he said in a deep voice. I gave him a soft smile.

“Hi.” she said in return. “They need you on the bridge.”  Natasha told Phil and he walked away. “It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. Thought Coulson was gunna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?” I giggled a little and Captain looked behind himself at me, causing me to sort of blush and look down. 

“Trading cards?” he asked.

“They’re vintage, he’s very proud.” she said.

“Natasha?” I said out loud. I walked down stairs and stopped at the bottom. There was someone in our kitchen. I noticed the bright red hair at once, she was the girl from my flash back. “Natasha! I remember now!” She turned around when I said that. I ran across our unnecessarily big living room, into the kitchen, I hugged Natasha around the neck and she hesitantly put the coffee down to hug me back. 

“Hello.” she said to me. I let go of her and got off my tip toes. 

“I just remembered you.” I said happily, instantly regretting it because it came out really weird. “I-I mean I’d just unforgotten you. Well, you know, because Loki.” I laughed nervously. “Sorry. I forgot everyone I loved but I still remember how to be awkward apparently.” 

“It’s okay. I understood what you meant and thank you… I think.” she raised her eyebrow and thought for a second.

“Jarvis, could you please get a hold of something to eat for us?” 

“No need, here. Doctor Banner said this was your favorite when you have a headache.”

“You have to go halfway across New York City to get this and to two different stores, you didn’t have to do this.” 

“Oh, I didn’t, if it were up to me you would’ve had bacon, eggs and a glass of orange juice.” 

“I don’t eat meat.” I told her.

“Oh I know.” She said. I climbed up into one of the stools set around the island and Natasha poured us both a cup of coffee even though I already had my, apparently favorite, coffee right in front of me. I opened the bag that had the Starbucks label on it and saw what was inside. I didn’t know what it was but it looked and smelled delicious. I read the receipt, Spinach and Feta Baked Pretzel, before biting into it. I could see why I used to love it so much. 

“How did he know?”

“He knows everything about you.”

“No, he can’t.”

“He does. In fact, he never shuts about you; it’s really annoying.” 

“Sorry.” I bit my lip. “So what are we doing today?” I interrupted the silence. 

“Bruce said you’d want to go shopping or something. Stark left you Fort Knox to spend.” She said sarcastically. 

“Yea?” I asked, she nodded. 

“Where do we go first?” 

“I don’t know. I don’t remember what I like.” I laughed, attempting th lighten the mood a little. She got the hint and laughed along with me.