Speaking English.

“I think it’s about the mechanics. Iridium, what do they need the Iridium for?”

“It’s a stabilizing agent. Means, portal won’t collapse on itself like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D.” Tony said, entering the room. “No hard feelings point-break, you’ve got a good swing.” he patted Thor’s shoulder. 

“Then he can open the portal as big as he wants and leave it there.” I said. Tony’s eyebrows perked and he smiled at me. 

“Look at this one, isn’t she brilliant? That man is playing Galliga, thought we wouldn’t notice… but we did.” Tony said, pointing to a man over a little way. Then, he covered one of his eyes and gave Maria a confused look. “How does Fury even see these?”

“He turns.” she answered. 

“That’s exhausting.” 

“The rest of the raw materials Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily.” Tony went from screen to screen.

“So the only major ingredient he really needs is a power source of high energy density?” I hypothesized. 

 “Look at you, you’re on fire today.” 

“When did you become an expert in thermo nuclear astrophysics?” Maria snapped

“Last night.” he replied and went on about something for a bit until captain interrupted him. 

“Does  Loki need and particular kind of power source?” 

“It’s going to be really hot.” I said.

“He’d have to heat the cube to 120 million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier.”

“Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect.”

“Well, if he could do that he could achieve heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet.” Bruce said. Tony patted my shoulder and looked at me. 

“Finally, someone who speaks English, right?”  Tony reached out to Bruce and they shook hands. 

“Is that what just happened?” Captain asked, I knew everyone in the room had no idea what we were talking about. 

“It’s good to officially meet you Doctor Banner.  Your work on anti-electronic collisions is unparalleled and I’m a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into a huge green rage monster.” Tony said. I rolled my eyes at Tony and Bruce looked down at me and I nodded, confirming that, yes, he always acts like this. 

“Doctor Banner is only here to track the cube and I was hoping you might join him.”

“Start with that stick of his. It may be magical but it works an awful lot like a hydra weapon.”

“I don’t know about that but it is powered by the cube. And I’d like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys.”

“Monkeys?” Thor asked. “I do not understand.”

“I do.” Steve said quickly. “I-I understood that reference.”

“Shall we play?” Tony asked, glancing between Bruce and I.

“This way.” Bruce said and we got to work in the lab and talked.