"Come on. You can even bring your dear Colton."

She gave him a sideways look.

"And not your friends?"

"Nope. Besides Trace is my friend too missy.

"Yeah Yeah I know."

_____________________________________

Dora walked inside the building of her school with her bag over shoulder. Percy disappeared somewhere with a promise to find her later after school.

She couldn't see either Daliah or Trace anywhere around so quietly she made her way towards her locker.

The hallway was full of people, but there were no friendly faces. Everyone stared at her, some clearly some discreetly. They were all making their own new gossips about her.

Dora gripped her books tightly and walked towards the classroom. Even her teacher looked at her from the corner of her eyes. This was enough for her. She could feel tears in her eyes as she rushed to her seat in the back of the classroom and hid herself behind her books.

Why did people hate me so much? Dora cried internally.

She knew what people thought and talked about her. Half of them pitied her, half called her crazy. Her own ex-best friend hated her guts. And she couldn't even blame them because she blamed herself.

Her teachers wanted her to go see a shrink because of her failing grades.
Dora knew there was nothing wrong with her. Percy was on her side on this. Who knew her better than her brother!

She was aware of the subtle hints of her parents who were dying to take her to a therapist because of her nightmares. She knew they considered her a disgrace to their name because she was not like Cara or any other girls their age. She had heard them whispering late at night and was sure they were talking about her short comings.

Even Percy once told her how they said they regretted having her as their daughter.

As for Cara, her only cousin, last week when she came to visit them, she pushed her down the stairs causing her to sprain her ankle. Percy had seen her smirk after it. She kept posting new pictures on her Instagram everyday showing her off how good a life she was living.

They were all out to get her.

And that was why, Dora was running away from them to somewhere peaceful.

"Hey." Dora looked up to see the beautiful face of Trace in front of her.

There was sound of students all around her, chatting and laughing. She realised she was sitting in the cafeteria with a tray of food in front of her. Half the day had already passed.

"Is this seat taken?"

"Nope." She said with a smile, rapidly blinking to get rid of the tears.

"How are you doing?" He asked taking a bite from his sandwich.

"Trying to do better." She replied. "And you?"

"Riding along this life one day at a time." He laughed.

"You still write?" She asked in surprise. Trace loved writing. She had read a couple of his poems and they had always been beautiful. She wished she could still read his writings.

"Yeah. I am working on a novel right now. It's coming along fine, I guess." He admitted, looking embarrassed.

"Wow. And poetry?"

What was he writing? Could it be inspired by his life? Would she be in it? Or was she always just his friend's sister?

He gave her a weird smile as if he was caught in something.

"I don't write poetry anymore." He said and then corrected, "I mean I do. But they are more an escape now. A way to express. I stopped sharing them when I felt they started getting too emotional."

Dora nodded in understanding. It is not easy to share feelings with others.

"Well, I would take your leave now. I am bunking the rest of the classes." He said as he got up with his tray.

Dora was suddenly reminded of her earlier conversation with Percy.

"Hey, what are you doing later today?" She asked.

"Helping out a friend. Why do you ask?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing." She masked her disappointment with a sad smile. Maybe she won't really get to spend time with him before leaving.

Trace was gone saying her a quick goodbye.

And she was reminded of the days when they used to bunk together. All four of them.

Her eyes involuntarily searched the cafeteria for her best friend. He was sitting with his new group of friends. He looked happy with them. And she was glad he was happy.

Even though he blamed her and was angry with her, she couldn't help but treasure her memories. Those would be all she would take with her.