2

"Rise and Shine, sleepyhead." Percy screamed in her room at the same time her alarm blared.

"Shut up, you idiot." Dora said throwing her pillow at his head.

"Wake up or one of them will come up to bite your head off." He joked. "Besides today we are going to the amusement park."

"I am not going there again, Pers." Dora said, now fully awake.

"Why? I will be there with you." He reasoned.

"But its not like before. You know that."

"It will be what you believe it to be. I want you to go there with me. Please?" He said with a puppy face.

"I-"

"Dora!" A manly voice shouted from downstairs as feet stomped on the stairs.

"Here they come. What have you done now?" Percy raised an eyebrow at her.

"I have no idea." Dora huffed. They just didn't know how to mind their own business.

"Dora." Her mom said as she opened the door to her room.

"Good morning Dora." Her father said.

"Morning, baby." This was her mom.

"Good morning." She replied grumpily.

Jocelyn sat down on her bed while Kevin stood near the door.

"How are you doing today?" Jocelyn asked.

"Fine." Dora said and hopped out of her bed. From the corner of her eyes she saw Percy sneak out of the room after giving her a mock salute. She cursed him internally for living her with them.

"We were thinking if we could..." Jocelyn started but before she could finish, Dora had locked herself inside her bathroom. She didn't want to face them this early in the morning.

Jocelyn exchanged a concerned look with her husband. Kevin gave her a curt nod and walked inside the room.

"As your Mom was saying, we were thinking if we all could stay at home and spend the day together." He said with a knock on the door.

To others it would seem like a sweet gesture meant to rekindle some lost family time but to Dora, the more they spoke, the more her head hurt.

She opened the door with the brush in her mouth and came face to face with the expectant face of her parents.

"I can't. I have a test today." She lied.

"Then tomorrow?" Her mom pressed.

"No, this week is pretty busy." She said turning her back to them. "Maybe sometime next week."

-------------------------------------------------

"They wanted to spend the day together." Dora mocked as she drove Percy to school.

"As if we don't know what their intentions are." Percy laughed. "They will make you feel lesser and once inebriated, they would say mean things to you."

"Shut up." She glared at him. "As if you are any better. You always leave me alone infront of them."

Dora loved her brother to death but this habit of him irritated her to death. He always left her alone to deal with them. Like what would it cost him if he could just stay there.

"Don't be angry now." Percy said poking her cheeks. "You know, I am the only one who loves you."

"I am driving."

"Sorry not sorry." He replied cheekily. "Besides I was saying, you ready for the park today?"

"Argh!" The frown on Dora's face deepened.