Parandhu Sella Va!

It was sweltering hot inside the black four-wheeler and there wasn't much fuel left to reduce the temperature of the air-conditioner. Sivaangi sighed holding down the unlock button to open the shady windows of her brand new SUV. She turned towards her right and looked at the sky which was darker than before. She could feel the heaviness of moisture in the air. The air was filled with petrichor that was emanating from the slightly damp soil. A slight chilly breeze blew ruffling her soft white tunic. Her tendrils danced to the force of the wind. An involuntary sigh escaped her lips. She set the gear to four and gently pressed the accelerator with her right leg to manoeuvre the car to reach the destination sooner than expected.

Another sigh escaped her lips as she heard the sound of loud crash of thunder. Lightening spiked through the sky and Sivaangi prayed to reach home safe and sound. The ride back home was interlaced with worry and joy. She, a pluviophile, finds tranquility and feels euphoric whenever her ears get lucky with the sizzling symphony of billions of rain drops. That day was an exception as the things were not in her favour. She jubilantly took her car for a long drive away from the streets of Thodupuzha, her native, as Sivaangi wanted sometime alone to decide on the proposal that would pave way for the new leap in her life. Afterall she turned 25 a month back. Life was all set for the young woman as soon as she placed her foot on the one of the best flying schools of the country. She turned out to be a rare find and the line on the graph was straight though it had few outliers. Though her life was monotonous, she thoroughly enjoyed every moment flying in the air, high up in the sky. She loved her imperfections, her clumsiness. Sivaangi loved herself.

Thinking about topic of discussion of her family, Sivaangi shook her head in negation. It was about her marriage. Sivaangi knew what her decision would be eventually. Sivaangi needed a solid reason to escape the place with her SUV as the talks suffocated her senses. Driving the beast made her feel strong, released her suffocation and gave her an instant happiness. Afterall, it reminded her of HIM...

Sivaangi was humble, kind, generous, sweet but totally moody and clumsy when it comes to things that should be handled with care. Sivaangi wanted to learn driving at the age of 16. Her father's attempts to teach her went futile. She even caused a minor accident that led to a minor injury on her father's forehead. Her panick stricken mother raked her over the coals for the mishap. "Sivaangi, Unalla mudiyadhu. Vitudu" Her mother carressed her tresses trying to make her weeping daughter understand. That day, she replied, "Oru naal plane oti katrena illaya parunga!!" and ran to her room.

Day 0

The 18 year old tiny woman was brooding, standing on the pavement on on the busiest streets of the Chennai city. It was one of her gloomiest days of her life. She missed the college bus and the cab she booked didnot arrive on time. It was an important day for Sivaangi. She was selected to compere one of the popular events of her college. Sivaangi tried to reach the destination by boarding the public transport but it went in vain owing to the city's traffic.

That very night, Sivaangi decided to learn driving at any cost. She impatiently ran to her parents' room to express her new interest.

"Maa Paa Enaku Car kathukanum." She frowned the moment her father threw her a glare. Sivaangi chuckled thinking of how she escaped the accident and her father fell into the dirty puddle trying to teach her to drive the two-wheeler two years back.

"Sirikama Odipoidu. Mudiyadhu Sivaangi. Appa va naan sollithara vidamaten." Her mother chided.

"Mudiyathu. Enaku nalaike car kathukanum amme" Sivaangi was stubborn on her decision and her parents sighed in dispair at their stubborness of their daughter.

"Unala mudiyathu nu sonna nee kakava pora ?" Her mother shook her head, annoyed.

"En ipdi underestimate panreenga. Oru naal plane otikatren panrarunga" Sivaangi stomped her foot on the floor and exited the room wiping the lone tear that trickled down her cheeks.