Chapter 111: The Last Senju

Beginne am Anfang

The child did have a good life till then, loving parents, and caring siblings. But being different meant that he didn't fit among his peers more often than not.

Shigure agreed with Naruto who suggested that it would be better for his great-grandson to be a proper shinobi, like a Senju. Taishiro might have wanted his family to have a quiet, peaceful life, but it was clear to the old man and the blonde that such a life was not suited to this boy who was troubling himself by trying to suppress his mind to fit in with his peers.

Since Naruto wasn't a known Senju, Shigure preferred the boy to stay at Tsunade's. The lady being a Hokage was an added bonus.

The barely six-year old boy was hesitant when offered to join Konoha Shinobi forces by Naruto. He would have to live away from his kaa-san, tou-san, nee-san, nii-san, his cousins, his friends, hi Ojii-chan...

After several assurances of comfort and regular visits to his family, the boy reluctantly took Naruto's offered warm hand.

A long walk on their way back to Konohagakure caused the first crack in the shell the boy had hidden himself in.

...

The boy, Seiichi was now coddled by Tsunade, Shizune, Naruto and Namiko. He never let it get into his head, though.

His intelligence and inquisitive nature had shortened his period of course in the academy. He turned out be skilled, despite the shortage of time.

He had seemed to open up to those he interacted regularly with. But Naruto knew better. Seiichi confided only in Naruto. Tsunade, Shizune and Namiko were close, but not quite there yet. The others he regularly interacted with, he just indulged them politely till a certain point.

Similar to Naruto when he was a child, but a quieter version.

.

It was afternoon, still a couple of hours before the Sun sinks in the west. Anbu Cheetah was in his Jounin outfit, walking down a familiar lane for the second time for the day.

His mission had not been what his authorities explained. One of the clients himself had been the traitor, and had fooled almost everybody till the end. Had anyone else taken the mission, they would definitely have reported back later than expected, Naruto only finished it earlier than given time. Call it intuition or paranoia, healthy or not.

No sooner did Naruto knock the door of his destination did the wooden structure fly open in the hands of a boy who was barely containing his excitement, but doing it gracefully.

ST: Unlike Kagami... (wistful sigh)

No one asked your input.

ST: (unbothered) Neither was yours asked.

Naruto noticed a small table close to the door and a bright lamp in addition to the small bulb situated on the ceiling that was lit up.

Seiichi was studying by the door. The boy knew he would be too absorbed to hear any noise if he was inside his room, but was exuberant enough to wait impatiently for his 'Ni-san'.

Naruto couldn't help but smile fondly at the little Senju's actions. "So, Seiichi-kun, do indulge your Sensei and tell me what you've learnt." He humoured the kid.

"Hai, Sensei!" Seiichi grinned and saluted, demeanour a mix of seriousness and childish enthusiasm. Something in Naruto's hear just pulled as he looked at the boy.

Of course, Naruto being Naruto, pushed it away quickly.

"Shinobi no Katana, Volume-1 by Tenten. The beginner's book on Shinobi weapons. Kunai first and Shuriken next. Beyond these come the optional weapons- Katana, Kenjutsu, Tajutsu combinations, some clan-specific weapons, personal customizations. Ninja wire is a separate weapon on its own, but can be used in combinations.