He was gone before she got a reply in. And she watched as he quickly stalked out of the house and onto the lawn and his car. The police were long gone and all she had to do was be present in court.

She could feel the headache coming as she realized there would be paparazzi and the media there too.

"Why the fuck is he mad?" Varo exhaled loudly as he pulled out his phone and slumped on a loveseat. He seemed to be holding his breath while his boss had been talking. "What did you do? Already broke up with him?"

"Are you scared of Tobias?" She asked, semi-curious about the organogram of their family. "And I didn't break up with him. Fuck me, we weren't dating in the first place."

The man loved eye contact as he gave a sly smile but paused. "What did you say before that?"

"Do you fear Tobias?" She asked again and this time, he chuckled.

Alvaro crossed a leg over the other, toying with the cigarette he had snuffed out for some reason. "Do you fear God?"

Eniola was confused.

"Am I not supposed to?"

He nodded. "Honestly, I fear the big guy up there because he creates life from nothing. Gato on the other hand takes that life and turns it into nothing if it gets on his wrong side. I don't know about you Gillian but that is fucking terrifying."

"I didn't know he was that bad..." Clara said and Alvaro shrugged.

"Depends on your definition of bad in this context. Bottom line is, good or bad, God-complex or not, he is Tobias Fernandez. Your boss that you've known for seven years and..." His eyes went to Eniola. "And your— I don't even understand the dynamic between you both."

His genuine confusion made her laugh. He was effortlessly funny.

"Did you two fight or something? You were both pretty upset when you came down here." He asked and she shook her head. It was nobody's business except her and Tobias'. "That was what I thought. Y'all almost fucked on the dinning table less than three hours ago. You can't fight so quickly."

"How long do you think he'll be gone?"

He shrugged. "Hell if I know but he should be back before midnight, I guess. If he isn't then you might just see him in court tomorrow. The guy is a perfectionist. Has to see what Clara and I did to the place before giving his stamp of approval." Varo answered with a yawn. "I better make some coffee, two years of complete beauty sleep has ruined my body clock."

It was already 9 o'clock but Eniola did not think she would be able to go to sleep without Tobias.

"I'm going to bed." Clara announced, sluggishly getting up from the couch. Despite being accustomed to the nature of life, she still seemed to be affected by it.

"That woman will not be able to sleep a wink. Worries too much." Varo said as he walked into the living room with two mugs. Enny was just about to thank him before he reached into one of his coat pockets and brought out a white pack.

He skillfully poured out two capsules and emptied their contents into one of the mugs.

"For her sleep." He elaborated with a playful wink and Eniola shook her head. She was not going to be a party to it.

"I won't let you drug her." She said and Varo laughed.

"Aww, how cute. Vamos, pick up my coffee for me would you?" He said merrily as he jogged up the stairs before Enny could even get a word in.

"I don't think this is right, Varo!" She called after him, climbing slowly to avoid spilling the coffee on her floor. The cleaners wouldn't come in until Tuesday and she would hate for the stain to last that long.