Chapter 1: Lost Girl

"Liv!" Dad yelled and I groaned under my breath. I closed the book I was reading, set it on the table beside me, and made my way upstairs.

     "What?" I asked walking up to him.

     "We're almost at shore."

     "You interrupted my reading just to tell me that? My book was finally getting interesting."

     "I need you to help Mr. Smee prepare the ship to dock."

     "Aye aye, Captain." I scanned the ship for Smee's bright red hat and I saw him starboard. "What do you need me to do, Smee?"

     We docked the ship and Dad prepared his crew for some other mission they're going on. I stopped listening after he told me I wasn't needed. I went back into the cabin and continued to read my book. It was about a girl who meets a prince, they fall in love and live happily ever after. It's cliché and cheesy but it has its moments. I always wondered what life would be like once I meet my prince and get my happily ever after. But, alas I probably won't get the chance because I spend most of my time on this damn ship, and when I'm not on this ship I'm running around helping Dad with another quest. Dad never paid attention to me until I was old enough to be part of his crew and then after that, he only paid attention to me when he needed something. I never knew my mum, and Dad could never remember which woman I came from. He found me on the deck of the Jolly Roger with a note saying that I was his daughter. I guess he must've been low on crew members because I can't think of another reason that he would have kept me. All I ever wanted was a home, an immobile one. I wish that I could have that with my dad, but lately, I've been tempted to find it by myself. Besides, I was already sixteen and I would be turning seventeen in less than half a year. I'm capable of taking care of myself, considering I've essentially been raising myself thus far.

     I decided to go above deck to get some fresh air and think about what I want. I looked at the stars and decided that I was ready to leave the ship. I would miss my dad and the crew, but I needed a place to call home, not a place to stay between quests. I closed my eyes and was startled when I opened them. A brunette boy with blue eyes was hovering in front of me. "Who are you?" I asked him.

     "I'm Peter, Peter Pan. And you are?"

     "Oliva, just Olivia. But, everyone calls me Liv."

     "Well, Liv, it's a pleasure to meet you. I heard your plea, it was very loud. I can take you away from here, and to a place where there are no grown-ups, you'll never grow up and you will be able to have a home, with a better family."

     "You can?" I asked, and he nodded. "Well, how do we get there?"

     "Take my hand." He said holding it in front of me, and I did as he said. "Now, just think happy thoughts, and believe that you can get there. You see, where we're going belief is a very important thing. You have the power to do anything you want, so long as you believe." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. All of a sudden, I felt the ground underneath me disappear. I opened my eyes and we were flying away from the Jolly Roger.

     "Where are we going?"

     "It's called Neverland."

     "How do we get there?"

     "You see that bright star?'

     "The North Star?"

     "Yes, second star to the right, and straight on 'till morning."

Narrator p.o.v.
     Hook returned with his crew, they had looted someone else and stole more treasures. "Liv, are you awake?" He asked, knocking on the door of her room. When she didn't answer, he assumed that she had fallen asleep while he was out. He placed the present he had for her in a leather pouch and tucked it away in his coat for safekeeping.