Cause that is Balance

Darkness, again.

Jordan let out a sigh, once again trying to open his eyes, which luckily worked on the first try this time. The room wasn't as dark as he had thought.

A little lamp to his right gave of a dim, but warm light. Surveying his surroundings he came to the conclusion that he lay in a bed, so far so good. But where exactly he was, he had no idea.

Then, the memories of what just happened hit him like a rock. In an instance he was up and out of bed. Again, he started to shake.

The gods were dead, killed by Furia. Their old realm gone. They had nowhere to go. What would they do now? Did the others know what happened?

Jordan shook his head. He had to find the others, confirm if they knew or not. He took a few deep breaths. Panicking would be of no help right now.

Finally he noticed that his clothes were missing. Someone must have undressed him down to his underwear to tend to his wounds. His chest was wrapped with bandages, though it didn't hurt as much as he would have thought.

After looking around the, he had to admit, very nice room for a good 10 minutes, Jordan gave up looking for his clothes. He made his way to the door and opened it as silently as possible. As he stepped out he could hear what seemed to be a heated conversation, coming from downstairs.

Carefully as he didn't know what or who was lurking around the corners, he made his way down the stairs, finally reaching a door that lead to, he assumed, kitchen.

Pressing his ear against the door he started to listen.

"We have to do something my Lord. At this rate he is going to die." an unfamiliar male voice spoke. "What about the Sparkly one? Did he wake up yet? Any change in his condition?" Jordan knew this voice. He had only heard him talk briefly, but he was sure it was Dianite.  

"No, he was still tossing and turning.", that was Tucker! So he was fine, thank the gods for that. "Brother, this has been going on for three weeks now. I think it is about time we start doing something. Mot is right, with the situation like this, both might die in the end." and that was Mianite, he sounded normal again. Last time he had spoken to them he didn't sound half as nice as now. Then it hit him. He was out cold for three weeks? It didn't feel that long. It felt like one or two days, but three weeks?

A heavy sigh came from the other side of the door, then Dianite spoke again "I hate to admit it, but it seems you are right Brother." a short pause then he continued "Mot, take Tucker here with you and go collect everything we might need for possible brews."

Jordan took his ear of the door and started to think. He was sure that they were talking about him and another person. But who, was the question. Whoever it was seemed to be in grave danger.

He was standing there facing the door, still lost in his thoughts, when he suddenly felt cold metal touch his neck.

Shifting his eyes to what he presumed to be the blade of a sword, he slowly turned around only to face a kind of familiar looking face. "Tucker?" he said confused and regretted it right away, as he realized his throat started to burn like fire.

The other person sighed and took the sword of his neck. "Sir Jeriah for you. Why does everyone confuse me with that guy? Obviously I look way better than him." he said, his voice almost turning a whisper at the end.

Jordan's jaw dropped as he looked at the man with the familiar face, his voice was something else though. He sounded much older and manlier than Tucker.

"Um.." Jordan started "hey, um, I'm Jordan." he finally managed to say and offered Sir Jeriah a handshake. Said looked at him and, after what seemed like a little eternity, excepted it.

"Good to see at least one of you two up." he said, which confused Jordan only more. "You should probably get in there. Everyone has been waiting for one of you to either wake up or die.", 'Well nice' Jordan thought, but only gave a nod as a sign he understood.

He grabbed the handle of the door and followed by Jeriah he opened it. Stepping into the room all heads turned in his direction.  

The first one to speak was Tucker, who came running towards Jordan and looked like he was about to hug him, but stopped immediately. "Man, you could have at least dress up if you barge in like that." he complained right away, which caused Jordan to laugh a little. "You know, I would have, but seems someone decided it was a good idea to leave no clothes in my room." Jordan joked.

Finally he caught the looks from the other three men and they seemed much more surprised than Tucker. Especially the two gods looked at him like they had just seen a ghost. Confused and a little awkward with all of the sudden attention, Jordan decided to speak up, "So um, what happened?". "He was eavesdropping, I caught him." Jeriah said right away, mumbling something like "..had luck..didn't kill him" at the end.

Everyone looked at each other, back to Jordan and Dianite started to speak. "Good to see you back on your feet. I think we should sit down for this." he walked towards the table in the middle of the room, sitting down on the head of it.

Jordan wouldn't complain, he realized he was still feeling a little weak. Not too surprising after he was sleeping for three weeks. He sat down on a chair at the right side of the table looking at Dianite.

As soon as everyone had found their place along the table Dianite looked at him.

"Do you remember anything?" he asked.

"I remember four lights falling from the sky and a loud roar." Jordan wasn't sure if they already knew about what happened, he would keep it to himself, for now.  

The god of the Nether sighed "Those four lights are your counterparts, the people that were sent to your realm when you arrived here.". Well that explained why Jeriah and Mot were sitting at the table right now. "I figured so when I saw him just now." he said, nudging his head towards Tucker's copy.

Dianite nodded and looked at Jeriah, who sighed and dropped his head. "I'm so sorry.." he said quietly. Jordan knew what he meant and at the same time he knew it wasn't their fault.

He looked at Tucker, who was wiping away the tears that were forming in his eyes. "So it's true...our world, our gods, everything is gone? We are trapped here? Can we even stay in Ruxomar now that our other selves are back?" he asked, rapidly.

Dianite looked at Jordan and once again nodded "I'm afraid it is true. Am I right to assume you found out from the Ianite of your realm?", "Yes..but how do you..?" Sparklez asked surprised. "Well your friends experienced the same with their own gods. And we can feel some part of energy flowing from you as well." Mianite finally spoke up.

He looked at Tucker, "I don't know about that energy stuff, but I saw the old man Mianite, same goes for Sonj. She told me after she woke up.". Jordan ran his hands over his face and stopped, his elbows on the table.

So everything was gone. His goddess dead, his house and tree burned to the ground and Jerry dead, again. The world of Mianite was no more and all of them were trapped here in Ruxomar. 'Why, just why? Every time we try to help someone dies, or things get destroyed. Is this some kind of sick joke? We are just trying to help, what did we do to deserve this?' his thoughts went on a rampage.

"Cause it is a part of balance too, Sparklez." a female voice said into the room. Everyone turned their heads towards the door.