adulting

post-marriage life, I loved that their wedding was shown in the second season but I didn't like how the whole focus on the main couple, Nian and Gun should have been given more time to shine, so here's my interpretation of some moments in their life after they get married.

The K and K boys were working diligently, though if Han Shang yan, who was at the moment out of the city for work had seen them, he would think they were goofing around too much. There was some giggling, pushing, browsing the internet but at the end of the day, they were also getting work done so that's all that mattered. 
Their beloved leader and captain had finally settled into their married lives and were ready to get some new wins under their names so the team was feeling the rush of motivation and energy. 
Their beloved sister-in-law had moved in with them, much to their joy since she made their boss a lot more human. She also sided with them when it came to punishments! a true win-win. 

Their captain, on the other hand, had moved more into their house, since grandpa didn't really stay in china for long, the couple mostly had the house to themselves, technically, both brothers were supposed to live there but Han Shang Yan ended up staying at the base a lot more often, working late so they decided it would be better if they moved into the base. They still visited or stayed at their house when grandpa was over or when they were on a break but not often. 
This meant, they saw Tong Nian every day, and usually, as she was in her final semester of college, she worked around side them, often on some research papers or coding different projects. 
Today, they expected the same thing to happen, sister-in-law would come home, and hang out with them while getting work done. That's what she usually did, especially when her husband wasn't around but that didn't happen. Today, she went straight to their room and didn't come out until it was dinner time. The boys had noticed her absence but had thought it could have been because she was tired, since she had recently started an internship. They, quickly changed their minds when they saw her face, she had tried to make it look less red and puffy but it was clear she had cried. She smiled and acted normal but no one really bought the act. Her eyes were very puffy and she seemed down even as she smiled at them. 

"what do you think is wrong?" Demo, the youngest whisper asked, after Tong Nian took her food and again retreated to her room. 

"she's clearly sad" grunt replied, unintentionally pouting at the thought. 

"Is she okay?"

"did boss and sister-in-law fight?" 

"Should we do something?"  

more and more voices spoke up in their concern for her. Finally, they decided that since Wu Bai was at the base today (his wife was busy with team solo work) he should be the one to speak to her. 

Wu Bai was conflicted, he was never fully close to Tong Nian despite their similarities. He liked her and appreciated what she had done for his brother, but she was definitely more close to the other members than him. He was more reserved, compared to the members and her who were more extroverted however, he felt that it would be wrong for him to not ask what was going on with her, and he genuinely wanted to help. 

He knocked softly on her door before slightly opening it,

"can I come in?" he asked hesitantly, but Nian Nian being herself, smiled and motioned for him to join her. She was sitting on the desk, eating, and the cat observed her as she did so. He let himself in, sitting on the sofa, facing her. 

"urm..." he really did wish he was better at this "are you okay? is something going on?" 

"oh" she replied in a small voice, "yeah, I'm fine. did the boys send you? tell them not to worry"