Awakening

There was a nudging feeling at his side. He groaned and slowly got up and looked down to his right. Headbutting his arm was his faithful friend Boulder, the Krug. They had been together since birth and stuck together through the 22 years Y/N had been alive. He looked down towards the sand that was burning at his skin. His pointy teeth glimmered in the morning sun.

Y/N: So Boulder, whats on today's agenda?

Boulder gave some gurgles and gargles.

Y/N: Mhm mhm. But, how about I ✨don't do that✨

Y/N didn't feel like tunnelling, especially on a hot day where the sand would burn his 8 foot long tongue. He heard rumours of the Voidling beast Rek'Sai aswell and was very cautious about travelling underground where she would have the advantage. Y/N and Boulder walked a short distance until they came across an oasis where they drank and bathed. There were a few palm trees next to it with a few coconuts growing from it, and Y/N had an idea.

Y/N: Boulder, headbut the tree and I'll catch the coconuts. It's a fool proof plan!

Boulder nods and he headbuts the tree. Y/N looks up and watches as the coconuts drop from the tree.

Y/N: I got them, I got them!

Y/N holds out his hands while looking up at the coconuts. They fell and landed straight on Boulder.

Y/N: Nice catch.

Y/N helped Boulder out the sand and bit into the coconut. The shell cracked under the force of his teeth and they both drank the milk inside. Afterwards, they scooped out the soft flesh of the coconut and ate it. Not the most appetising meal but Y/N couldn't complain. They threw the coconut husks on the beach of the oasis and continued their journey. They passed over dunes and around sand pits. They steered clear of the towns and cities they passed. Suddenly, the ground began to shake wildly.

Y/N: Boulder! Don't ..... move.

The two of them stayed perfectly still as something burst through the sand. It had no eyes, a gaping maw, an armoured body, long claw-like arms, a row of 6 hind legs and a swinging tail. It was purple and blue all over it's body. It was the Voidling monster of Shurima, Rek'Sai without a doubt. She burst through the sand and felt the ground for any vibrations. Her scaly body crawled along the sand slowly towards them, sniffing the air.

When she got to 30 feet infront of them, Y/N knew she could be able to find them if she so much as smelt the air again. Slowly and carefully, he began backing away and signalled Boulder to do the same. They both walked backwards to keep an eye on Rek'Sai. They began escalating up a dune but once they got to the top, Y/N tripped on the tip of it and rolled down to the bottom and Boulder rushed after him. From the other side of the dune, Y/N heard a screech and the sound of sand being dug into. Y/N quickly got up and began running with Boulder behind him.

Rek'Sai's fin shredded through the ground behind them as she slowly caught up and burst out the sand. Her claws flailed wildly through the air and at last, she had both her hands cornering Y/N. Her entire body had surfaced and her face was mere metres above Y/N's. But instead of devouring Y/N, she leaned in closer and sniffed him. Slowly, she backed away and sat on the ground, her hulking figure before him. Y/N slowly got up and walked towards him with his hand out. His razor sharp teeth were clenched with fright. He put his hand up to Rek'Sai's head and she gently nuzzled it. Boulder slowly walked up to Y/N and looked at Rek'Sai then back at Y/N.

Y/N: People thought she was a monster. They were wrong.

Rek'Sai gave off a couple clicks and scratched at the sand. She wrapped her tail around Y/N and Boulder and dug the three of them underground. Y/N and Boulder held on tightly to each other while sand flew at them from Rek'Sai. There came the sound if scratching against stone and a crashing sound as they tumble into some kind of tomb. Rek'Sai drops the two on their feet and they slowly begin to walk around.

There were statues of warriors who's swords were held high made out of stone that were surprisingly detailed and highly realistic. There were termites and bugs eating at the walls and even at each other. From out the corner of his eye, Y/N saw a bright green snake which slithered across the floor towards them. It gave a hiss and then slithered into a dark corridor. The two with eyes looked at the corridor while Rek'Sai looked in the general direction. In the darkness flashed two yellow, slitted eyes and a voice came from there. A woman's voice.

???: Hello boys.