"for you, smitten boy"

yeonjun could not find himself to be surprised anymore.

on the third day since the launch of a new radio program, taehyun got his fifth confession letter. it all invoved flattering and borderline fantasy, almost shameless in both soobin and yeonjun's ears but they try not to dwell for any longer than five minutes on each pitiful confessions going down the drain.

"another one," soobin murmured.

"for taehyun again?"

"for you, smitten boy. it's your second letter today," soobin was actually counting, unlike his best friend.

yeonjun motions his hand up and down to dismiss whetever there is that soobin will say. "as long as it's not taehyun."

soobin sighs, and sighs, and sighs again. his worries weren't eased a single bit, even if yeonjun seemed well. it was almost physically painful to watch yeonjun pine over a boy that will never look his way. much to soobin's demise, it got worse when taehyun showed just a little bit of interest over a returned note.

"why don't you try and meet at least one of them?" soobin tried to offer. "maybe it will open doors that you never knew you have closed."

"and then, what? give up on taehyun?"

"i just don't know if taehyun is going to happen," yeonjun cocked his head to the side when soobin spoke. "what i mean is, you've been desperately chasing over a boy that despises every cell in your body when you deserve better."

yeonjun gasps a little too dramatic. "is this the part when you tell me you're in love with me?"

gags. "this is the part i tell you that you're an idiot—god, yeonjun! it's not like that!"

"fine, fine," yeonjun surrendered. he had always been too overreacting for his own good, but the idea of soobin being in love with him sounds like a synopsis to a true crime documentary.

"you'll stop when taehyun hurts you?" soobin asked like a worried puppy.

"i'll stop if taehyun hurts me."