14

[Y/N's POV]

I sat at my desk with blank pages infront of me. It's been like this for half an hour now. I swivel around in my chair, covering my face with my hands. The amusement park was fogging my brain. Especially the Ferris Wheel. The fucking Ferris Wheel. I turn back to my desk and slammed my pencil onto the furnished wood. I was going to finish this one way or another. After ten minutes or so of just sketching, no breaks at all, I decided to take a water break.

I filled a tall glass with water. I took a big gulp, ending with a sigh. I stood behind the counter, the rest of my house was looking pretty dark. Most of my lights were off, with me being too lazy to turn them off. I place the now empty glass in the sink and went off to finish my work, when I heard a knock. Thinking it was Will, I rushed to the door and opened it, smiling. I was greeted though, with BFF/N.

"Oh! Hey BFF/N." I greeted them with a smile. She smiled back but there was something kind of...desperate? Drastuc? In her smile that sent a slight panic which I pushed into the back of my mind.

"Hello dear Y/N! You look awfully happy today. Did something happen?" They grinned widely, walking in. My mouth fell slightly, weirded out by their pep attitude. Different from what their text felt like this morning.

"Oh, um. Yeah! Wilbur took me to the amusement park today. We had a good time." I smile. Their grin dropped slightly.

"Oh, How great. Anyways." They played with the strands of their hair. I sat beside them on the couch.

"Anyways, how was your day?" I ask, ignoring the weird tension a few seconds before.

"Oh, it could've been way better." They muttered. I frown.

"Aw, why? What happened." I asked.

"Listen Y/N, let's get to the point here." They said, the now I assume, fake tone disappeared completely from their voice.

"Oh...okay? About what?" I questioned, my heartbeat quickening.

"I, really love you, Y/N." They murmured quickly.

"Aw, I love you too-" They cut me off.

"No. I love, love you." Their face was serious. My eyes widened. I felt a shiver go down my spine. Shit this was awkward.

"Oh." Was all I could muster out. If I was embarrassed, God knows how they felt.

"Do you...maybe feel the same way?" They asked, their tone softening. I mentally cringed. How was I supposed to say that I'm already...dating someone. God, how would they react since I haven't even told them yet? We're best friends for God's sake!

"I um...I do love you BFF/N, but unfortunately, not in that way." I respond trying to keep my heart from shattering out of guilt.

Their expression dropped into a frown. I started to get nervous. They could be...aggressive with stuff. Hopefully they weren't with this situation. I noticed that their hands were were slowly balling into fists, making the hair on my arms stand up.

"But, why? I've been with you for years Y/N." They yelled, standing up. I stood up.as well, backing away slightly.

"I just don't I'm sorry. I do love and care about you but not in that way." I yelped.

"Well, if you loved and cared about me, why don't you love me back?!" They yelled louder. I cursed mentally, not knowing what to do.

"BFF/N, can we please talk about this tomorrow?" I ask, trying to keep my cool. They took a sharp breath, before walking out my front door, slamming it behind them. I sighed deeply. Like, I just wanted a glass of water and do my work. Well now that that's over, until tomorrow anyway, I can finish my work. This time, I probably won't be as lazy anymore. The adrenaline is still rushing through my veins anyways.

-Timeskip-

I yawned, I only finished two commissions tonight. I have tomorrow. Ah shit, I just remembered about the BFF/N thing tomorrow. I guess I'll just have to make the confrontation quick and simple. Though I don't think they'll make it that easy for me.

I changed my clothes and hopped into bed, I would need a lot of energy for tomorrow. It couldn't hurt listening to some music before sleeping, I just so happen to know what playlist to play.

He's talented, and somehow, he's mine.