Chapter 16 A Different Point Of View

- NEWT'S POINT OF VIEW-

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" You scream. You just let your girlfriend run into the maze on her own. You put both your hands on the door and start to cry.

Your tears last a few seconds before they turn into anger. Not for her but for Minho. 'If that shank hadn't of hurt himself she would never of ran in there in the first place' you say to yourself and you slam your fists over and over again into the stone wall.

"NEWT! Stop you are going to break your hands!" Alby says grabbing your wrists. "Let go of me!" You shout. "My girlfriend is in there! She's gonna die because of that shank!" You shout pointing at the wall.

A sudden thought comes to your your head. "Ben!" You whisper. "I have to know what happened!" You say louder and run to the homestead.

The other boys had helped Ben onto his bed and Jeff the guy who was appointed to be a 'medjack' (basically the doctor of the glade) was looking at his leg.

"What the bloody hell happened out there Ben? Why were you so late coming back?" You shout at the injured boy.

"Newt, I know you're upset. But I need to check out Ben's leg ok? Then you can talk to him" Jeff said. You nod and stand against the wooden wall.

"Its okay it's not broken, just bruised probably, you'll be fine Ben!" Jeff said smiling. You walk up to him. "Right talk!!"

"Okay well it started raining so we decided to turn around and run back. Well we underestimated how slippery it was. I put my foot down and it slipped I grabbed Minho's arm for support and I dragged him down with me, so Minho has a sprained ankle and a nasty cut on his head." Ben replied. "I'm sorry about your girlfriend! I know you loved her." Ben bowed his head.

"She's not dead yet shuck face!" You shout at him! "She might as well be. We saw something in the maze Newt!" Ben said with a tear running down his face.
"What did you see?!?!" You shout.
"It was something big, it had several big metal legs. Plus it's top half was a gooey flesh like a brain." Ben continued.

'No no no no no no no' you think. 'My greenie is in the maze with an injured Minho and a fleshy metal creature?!' You start to scream.

"NEWT!!! STOP!" Alby's voice says as he kneels in front of you. You must've slumped to the floor when you were screaming. "Y/N is strong Newt! I don't believe she will die out there! She is a fighter who loves you!" He continues "you think she's gonna just give up? She loves you so much Newt! She will do anything to see you again" Alby says touching your shoulder.

Maybe Alby is right. You think. She is strong and she will fight, she won't just give up right?

"I for one hope she rots in there" a voice comes from the dark doorway. "I hope she dies."

You look up tears streaming down your face. You stand up and your hands turn into fists. You stare into the darkness trying to see who it is. Gally.

"Say that again shank!" You shout at him. " I HOPE SHE ROTS IN HELL!" Gally shouts taking a step forward. "She didn't want you Gally! She's in love with me!" You say mocking him taking another step forward.

"Now now boys! Calm down" Alby says calmly.

"WAS Newt. She's gonna die out there and you will be alone!" Gally laughs.

Before you think you are running at him And tackle him to the ground. You sit on top of him and repeatedly punch him in the face. You are so full of anger that for the first minute no one can stop you. Then you tire a little and Alby and Frypan drag you off him.

"He's not worth it Newt!" Fry says holding your arm.

You slump to the ground in Y/N's room and put your hands in front of your face and cry. Loudly.
You move off the floor and lie on her bed and cry yourself to sleep.