Chapter 9 I Want To Be A Runner!

"COME ON EVERYONE! COUNCIL ROOM NOW!" Alby shouted, you notice how deep and stern his voice can be. You and Newt run to the council room (the room with the steps).
"Okay guys so it looks like the walls open and close every day and tonight will be proof. So we need to decide if going out there is a good idea." Alby says as he paces back and forward along the floor, Newt goes down to join him. You look around and see Minho sitting on his own so you walk over and sit next to him, you look at him and smile and he reciprocates the smile.

"So we need to have the same people go out there everyday. We don't know how big this place is or anything so the same people need to go out and mark where you have been and map it out." Alby says looking around at everyone. You look over at Minho and he's nodding and smirking.

"Hey Minho, I assume your all for going out there?" You whisper
"You bet your pretty face I am shank!" He says, you smile. "Well so am I, so I say we volunteer....can you run?" You ask him. "Pfft can I run? Of course I can...can you?!" He says raising his eyebrows. "You know I can shank!" You say laughing quietly so only Minho can hear you. "There you go greenie! Now you're starting to sound like one of us" he says as he nudges you.

"The people going need to be fast and strong. You need to be brave as we don't have a clue what's out there " Alby says "would anyone like to volunteer?" And as he says this four people's hands rise in the air. One belongs to you, one to Minho, one to Ben who is sat on the other side of the room and the other one belongs to Newt!

"Y/N! Why do you want to do it?! You're a girl!" Alby shouts up at you.

You feel angry at this remark. "What just because I'm a girl that means I'm not fast, strong or brave?!" You say angrily. "Well i just thought..." Alby begins when you cut him off. "No you thought wrong. I could run circles around all of you" you say proudly.

"Please Alby! I want to be a runner! I'm strong and fast!" You plea with him.

You look over to Newt and he's smiling. "Huh runner! I like that, that's what we'll be called....Alby there's four of us...we can run in pairs! So we'll be safe!" Newt says smiling back up at you. " greenie here will run with me, I'll make sure nothing happens to her okay?" Newt looked at Alby. "Alright Newt you are second in command here if you want her to be a runner then she'll be a runner." Alby says smiling at him then giving you a stern look. 'Yeah I don't think Alby is too pleased.' You think to yourself.

"So now we have our runners we will keep checking the walls for another day or two just to be sure, we don't want zany one getting stuck out there now do we?" He says looking at you with raised eyebrows. You ignore it and roll your eyes. "All right everyone come on let's go start on your jobs." Newt said and clapped his hands to usher everyone out of the room.

"Hey greenie come here a sec." Newt says jerking his head. You walk over to him and he puts his hand around your waist and pulls you into him.

"Hey after dinner tonight meet me in the gardens okay? I want to tell you something" he says touching your cheek. You are intrigued at what he might tell you. "Why can't you tell me now!" You ask batting your eyes at him.
"Walls have ears beautiful" he whispers in your ear. "Hey Alby wants to talk to me today so I won't be in the gardens are you good doing it on your own" Newt says scratching the back of his neck. 'Oh god he looks so cute when he does that' you smile, "yeah sure I'll be okay, you do what you gotta do. I'll see you later" you turn around and start to walk when Newt grabs your wrist .

"Wait!" He pulls you in and kisses you passionately. You wrap your arm around his head and run your fingers through his hair.
" Y/N!!!" You hear Alby shout. You reluctantly pull away and run off turning to see Newt stood there speechless with his mouth open. You wink and run to the gardens with a smile so big it actually hurts your lips and cheeks.