Chapter 11 Great. We're all Bloody Inspired

You wake up the next morning and see Newt led next to you asleep. Surprisingly you didn't have a nightmare, 'hm maybe Newt helped with that' you say to yourself. You look at his relaxed face and brush his fringe away from his eyes. You can't help but smile at him because he looks so adorable when he sleeps. You lean over and kiss him, he slowly wakes up and kisses you back.

"Mm I could wake up like this everyday" he says with his eyes still shut, his mouth curves into a smile as he slowly opens his eyes. He put his hand up to your cheek and strokes your face.
"So could I" you whisper as you snuggle into his warm chest, just as you were getting comfortable you hear Alby shout "COUNCIL HALL NOW!"

"Bloody hell Alby" Newt says face palming. "I'll go first don't want things looking suspicious do we" you say laughing. Newt winks "good that"

You walk out of the room and run to council hall, you sit down next to Gally
"Hey Gally" you say with a smile and he turns and puts his arm around your shoulder and squeezes you very tightly, probably on purpose you think.

"Hey Y/N" he says letting go of you. You take a few deep breathes and smile, Gally returns the smile and turns to look at Alby at the front of the room.

You hear the door open and you see Newt walk down the steps to the front with Alby.

"Nice of you to join is shank!" Alby says laughing at a tired Newt.
"Good that" he says holding a hand up and using his other to rub his eye.
"What's this about Alby?"
"Well you, Minho, Ben and Y/N are going to start running today." Alby says smiling looking at each one of us in turn.

"What?!" You say smiling.

"Yep, the walls will be opening in about half hour, so you guys have that time to get a weapon each plus a water bottle and some food for later and be at the opening. Minho and Ben you will go left and Y/N and Newt you will go right. You need to be back when the sky starts to turn pink" Alby says.

There is silence in the room for a few minutes.

"Well what are you waiting for. GO!" He said laughing. And with that the four of us ran out of the room. In the main homestead area there were packs for us we each fastened them and grabbed a weapon, they were all long knives but not quite a sword. Then you filled up your bottles and grabbed some food that Frypan had made for you.

"Wait shouldn't we take some paper or something to map out route?" You say? Feeling smart.
"Yeah Y/N's right! You each grab a piece of parchment and a pencil and head across the glade to the crack of the wall.

"Shouldn't we have some inspirational speech or something before we go in?" Newt said laughing. "Minho you got anything?" Newt said shoving him.

"Yeah. Be careful and don't die!" Minho said smiling at each of us, Minho is definitely the king of sass.

"Great. We're all bloody inspired" newt said taking your hand as the walls start to open.