Chapter 2 Something About You

You begin to walk slowly and quietly towards the group trying not to let them notice you. You look at the group trying to analyse them, you see that they are all very handsome and without knowing your doing it the corners of your mouth rise into a smile. You can feel the heat rush to your cheeks as you blush.
*CRACK*
You feel the twig beneath your feet snap and you wince hoping the group didn't hear you.

But they did.

You watch as the group turns around in surprise. "Nice one Y/N. That's what you get for not paying attention to where your going" you whisper.

You stand up straight and the group of people walk towards you, you scan them closely and then you notice it...
There are no other girls.

The group stop and you feel pretty intimidated your head looks towards the floor trying not to make eye contact with them. You hear them shuffling as you see brown shoes stood about a foot from you.

"Hi there love. Who the bloody hell are you?" A boy says in a deep British accent. You hear the voice and it sounds like music in your ears, you no longer feel afraid to look up. Plus you really want to put a face to that beautiful voice.

You slowly lift your head and in front of you you see a tall slim boy with mousy blonde hair, he is incredibly handsome, so handsome that you feel your knees turning into jelly.

You move your eyes to meet his. Your not entirely sure how long you've been staring at each other but all you know is that you are finding it incredibly difficult to break the gaze. The feeling of needing him comes over you. You open your mouth but no words come out just a quiet sigh.
You notice that he to is having difficulty talking or even looking away as he just stands there looking with his mouth parted.
'What the hell is going on? Who is this boy and why do I feel like I need him' you ask yourself. You feel your stomach flutter like there are hundreds of tiny butterflies inside you 'I guess this is what butterflies feel like...but why? I have only just met the boy I don't even know his name' as you think this he breaks his gaze on you and says
"well? Do you know how to speak?" He laughs.

' Oh my even his laugh is beautiful' you think to yourself... You know you have to speak soon because this is going to get very weird if you don't.

"Uh..I...yes I-I I can speak" you say
"Well what's your name then?" The boy replies smiling

"It's Y/N and you?"

"My name is Newt, nice to meet you greenie!"

'Newt huh? That's cute' you think to yourself.
"What's a greenie?" You ask as you suddenly remembered he didn't actually call you by your name.

"You know what greenie? I don't know, just felt cute yah know?" He said scratching the back of his head and blushing. 'Did he just say I'm cute?' You think as you bite the corner of your lip and smile.

"NEWT'S IN LOVE!!" A very tall muscular boy shouted. And the group of boys cheer...at least that's what you think they are doing as you can't make out any words.

"Shut up Gally or I swear I will punch your shucking face in!" Newt shouted back.

'Gally seems like a guy to avoid' you think to yourself, he'd probably bug the living hell out of you.

"Um so where are we? And how long have you guys been here?" You finally say.

"Well Y/N we have only been here a day so don't worry we still don't even know what's going on. But we call this place the glade. It's a big field surrounded by walls. There's a hut over there which we call the homestead and a vegetable patch over there" newt says while pointing his finger to the different places. He puts his arm around your shoulder and you shiver not because you are cold but because of his hand touching your skin, it feels...nice! He leads you towards the homestead.

"Where did you come from anyway?"
"Honestly" you say looking up at him "I don't know I woke up in the middle of that forest over there"
Newt just laughs and holds you tighter.

"Well greenie let's find you somewhere to sleep" newt says meeting your eyes again. You both stop walking and newt takes his hand away from your shoulder, you almost feel sad and wished he could stay touching you forever. He turns to face you waiting for the other boys to pass through into the homestead. He places his hand against your cheek, his hand is soft but cold and your whole body tingles.

"Curious" newt says "there's something about you greenie." He smiles lovingly and walks into the homestead "come on!"

You stand there with your mouth open for a few seconds, you smile and bite your bottom lip before following newt into the homestead.

'Very curious indeed' you think to yourself.