Chapter 5 - The outlander who caught an outrider~ (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear about that. I know the pain of getting separated from your family so as a knight of Favonius I'll help you as much as I can. As for Asmoday, I don't know much about memory loss but we have some pretty good healers. They could help you, but we need to get back to Mond first. There have been dragon sightings in the area."

I thank her and Asmoday gave a small nod.

  "Why were you out here in the first place?" Paimon asked.

"I-um, was on a mission! We have noticed a Hilichurl camp near the city so I was tasked to destroy it. I can't allow you to get to the city without supervision so you must follow me." Amber made a point and we decided to follow her. We were able to destroy the camp pretty easily but I noticed Asmoday thinking about something.

"You ok buddy?" I asked concerned about his wounds.

He gave a small nod and we went to Mondstadt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber POV - 

I was asked by the acting-grandmaster Jean to destroy a Hilichurl camp which had been spotted very close to the city. I was on my way there when I noticed some suspicious people walking in the Whispering woods so I decided to stop them.

"Hey you! Stop right there" I shouted as a tried jumping from the small hill I was on but slipped.

Surprisingly the fall didn't hurt at all and I noticed the blond shouting someone's name. I looked below me and saw that I was sitting on someone's face.

"AHHHH!"

"AAHHH, I'm so sorry!" I said as I quickly got away from him.

  "I'm sorry, we don't know Mondstadian" the blond said.

I assured them that I knew standard Teyvat and introduced myself.

 "I understand. May the anemo god protect you, stranger! I am Amber, Outrider for the Knights of Favonius. You don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourself!"

Well... that was pretty dumb. He just said that he didn't know the local language I told them that they don't look like citizens of Mond. What's wrong with you Amber! I could feel the blond judging me about what I just said. 

"Uwhaaa. So much for first impression. First I fell on his friend and then I asked him a stupid question. What if he doesn't like me after this? Wait! What am I talking about? I just met this guy and I'm wondering if he likes me or not! Concentrate Amber!"  

"We're not looking for trouble" the floating thing responded. That's so suspicious.

"That's what all trouble makers say" I replied. The decided to introduce himself before the floating thing could get them in trouble.

"Hello, I'm Aether, the white haired guy is Asmoday and the little slime is Squishy" he said.

Wait... slime?

"Holy shit they have a pet slime. It looks so cute. No I'm getting sidetracked"

"...Dosen't sound like a local name to me. Also I'm so sorry for falling on you Asmoday!"

"And this... mascot, what's the deal with it?" I asked looking at her. I could see Asmoday silently laughing in the background so Aether quickly replied

"Emergency food"

"Hey! That's worse than being a mascot!" the fairy shouted while Asmoday was dying of laughter which she noticed.