56

you couldnt believe the words that left his mouth, you started to repeat them over and over in your head, 'is he giving me another chance?' you thought to yourself.

knowing diluc for some time, you were surprised by his idea, he did definitely not look like the type to give multiple chances.

but you had to think fast, you didnt want him to change his decision. so you swallowed deeply while looking at him and nodded your head slowly.

without any unnecessary movement, you slowly tried to sit up. diluc noticed what you wanted to do and got off you, his claymore still ready in his hand for any unpredictable move from you.

he stood up while you now sat on the ground, the wound in your neck and cheek still hurted but you figured you could manage to survive with the wounds.

placing your palms of your hands on the ground, you stood up as well, standing right in front of him.

you had an idea, but it would be stupid.

extremely. stupid.

as you considered your plan of action once more, you parted your lips to inhale some fresh air and take a deep breath.

'he is worth it.' you thought to yourself without hesitation. and you started your plan.

you opened your mouth once more, but this time you spoke up, "do you know... what the main goal of the fatui is?" you asked him softly, but luckily still audible for him to hear.

not daring to make eye contact with him, you kept your head low, your eyes scanning the floor in front of you as if it was something interesting while you waited for him to answer.

"for now, its the collection of the gnosises, isnt it?" he asked you back, unsure of his answer. the words rolled over his tongue as if he waited to say that, his tone was silent and calm, unlike his state of mind.

he shifted his claymore into one hand and left his fighting stance, straightening his back and putting all weight on his legs. now standing casually with his weapon in hand as he felt that he could slightly trust the situation.

you heard his answer, and you knew exactly, it was correct. to collect all gnosises was their goal for now. your eyes softened as the corners of your mouth curled upwards in the slightest bit while still looking downwards.

but your eyebrows furrowed, giving you an unsure and worrisome look with a small smile.

you slowly lifted your arm up to your pocket and let your hand glide into the fabric of your coat. there you felt it, the smooth iron you felt before when you first checked the golden gnosis.

your fingertips scanned the material and eventually you grabbed it with your entire hand, engulfing the object into your fist.

now taking it back out, you stretched your arm to the front with your palm facing upwards, to diluc.

with your fist still being closed, you looked at your hand and your smile faltered, changing into a determined expression.

he had no clue what was going on. he was standing while letting you take your time, observing every movement of yours without ever taking his eyes off you.

"i will show you that youre wrong about this." you spoke up, quoting his earlier words.

your fist opened, emitting a soft orange light from the gnosis that illuminated the palm of your hand while you held it. diluc laid his eyes on the object and immediately knew what it was.

the familiar chess piece made him widen his eyes, out of anything he had in mind, he certainly did not expect you to be in the possession of a gnosis.

his eyes darted from the piece to you, he waited for you to say something as he furrowed his brows.

"they cant continue their plans if one goes... missing." you said while tilting your head up to look at diluc, his red eyes looking directly into yours as he slowly realized your plan.

he didnt stop you, he wanted to stop the fatuis plans as well. so he let you continue.

you tilted your hand 90 degrees and let the gravity pull the gnosis down, letting it fall onto the floor of the golden house.

"step back." you spoke up determined, your voice loud and void of any emotion. diluc obeyed and took several steps back, slow at first but then without hesitating. you looked at him to ensure that he would be far away.

when he was finally far enough, you took a deep breath and spoke up, "from now on..." you said and paused, making a heavy decision in your mind.

"... i will no longer be with the fatui." you said in the same tone while looking at the chess piece on the ground. you stretched your arm up into the air, ready to use your elemental burst on the small gnosis.

as your arm was fully stretched to the sky, you felt the power of electro surge through your body in an instant. little purple particles started flying around your fingertips.

the clouds above you starting twirling right where you stood, creating a small vortex like shape in the sky. you looked at the hole where childe left through and saw the sky change from its already dark color to a dark purple.

the clouds emitted small sparks of lightning as well. diluc looked up as well, he didnt even know you had a vision untill ten minutes ago and here you were, using your burst right in front of his eyes.

as if it couldnt be more, you activated your pyro delusion as well, to be sure the piece would be destroyed.

your head was empty, you were more than ready to use your delusion, 'just a small part on my arm will be enough.' you thought to yourself.

the arm which was pointing at the purple sky now started burning in the slightest, a thin streak of pyro formed from the top of your shoulder to your bicep, twirling around your upper arm.

from there the red-orange streak made its way to your elbow, and eventually it ended right below your palm, on your wrist. from there the streak split into five individual parts.

each smaller streak grew longer to your five fingertips and ended there, giving your entire arm a burning sensation, litting your arm up as well.

your now partly glowing arm felt heavy and you tried with all your strength to keep it up, to point it at the sky. you always had troubles with your delusion.

instead of a pure electro reaction, your hit would now create an overloaded reaction with additional pyro damage, resulting in a firework like reaction of never ending overloaded reactions in a single second.

the red haired male was too stunned to speak, he couldnt stop watching and with one final breath, you were ready.