15

hello everyone! i hope you guys are doing well, i would like to say that i published the wrong version of chapter 14 yesterday, making it unintentionally short. i only came to realize that this morning. ive fully fixed it now, please do check it out in order to understand this chapter.

"paimon you can take care of aether right?" you asked frantically, your eyebrows furrowed as your eyes never left dilucs struggling state. he was still fighting even though he was close to his limit.

you looked back at paimon and she nodded her head vigorously up and down, a look of determination on her face. you immediately took that chance and stood up, dilucs coat, that you still had on, flowing behind you as you did.

rushing towards the panting diluc, you summoned your spear. and right on time, since diluc was busy breaking a cryo cicin mages shield, he failed to notice he was getting attacked from behind by the other cryo cicin mage.

you sped to stand behind diluc, your back almost touching his as you held your polearm with both hands protectively horizontally in front of you, succeeding to break the cicin mages attack.

her ice clashed with your weapon, a high pithced noise formed and diluc looked over his shoulder to see what happened. the corners of his mouth curled upwards in the slightest motion as he saw you standing there.

he had some blood trailing down his face from his forehead, a few cuts on his cheeks and he looked tired overall. he had been fighting for over ten minutes straight while you were trying to wake aether up.

it ws admirable, he was hardworking and incredibly strong. you got snapped back to your senses as you whipped your head up to look the cicin mage in the eye, your back now touching dilucs.

her smile dropped and you could only guess the worst, she had recognized you. the cicin mages were part of the fatui after all. just like you were.

she took a step back, she heard a few rumors and one of them being to not mess with any of the twelve harbingers. the cicin mage that you were fighting failed to notice a thick piece of snow behind her and stumbled on it, making her fall backwards.

she looked scared for her life, her hands were slightly shaking and her head tilted up to see if it was really you. she made a horrible decision of fighting the harbingers without permission.

you continued to stare her down, hoping she would take the hint and leave without mentioning anything about the fatui.

you would just let her off with a warning, she didnt know that it was you and you were too tired to punish her at the moment.

fortunately she took the hint, diluc was still busy fighting the mage in front of him but she too stopped fighting to see why the other mage was sitting on the snow.

diluc was panting heavily but never took down his guard. the cicin mage in front of you stood up in a fast way and bowed for you. you internally cringed at her and furrowed your brows.

"leave." you ordered her and she nodded her head while still bowing, not daring to make eye contact with you. you hoped with all your might that she wouldnt say anything else, seeing the situation was already suspicious enough for diluc.

he wouldnt dare to look behind him as the other mage made sure his eyes were kept on her, but he could hear everything.

"i a-apologize, y/n s-sama." the mage in front of you stuttered and your eyes widened, you hoped diluc wouldnt hear that but it was inevitable.

diluc furrowed his brows while still looking in front of him, he had alot of questions and cursed himself for being out of energy. he tried to remember everything with his last bit of energy.

and with that, the two cicin mages disappeared into nothingness, teleporting away. diluc didnt waste any time and turned around, his eyes meeting your back as you didnt turn around.

instead, you looked to the side and laid your eyes on the frostarm lawachurl who was walking around the place again, you decided to not say anything and rushed to the monster.

diluc hesitated but followed you, now both fighting the remaining lawachurl without saying a word.

the frostarm lawachurl raised both their fists which came slamming down on the ground in less than a second, diluc who was too much in thought didnt see it happening and got caught up in the attack.

sharp pieces of ice came standing up from the icy floor, pushing diluc up in the air. he let out a muffled scream of pain and got launched a few feet back.

you saw his figure in the air and eventually make contact with the harsh ground, you rushed towards him and yelled out for his name, "diluc!" hoping he would answer you.

but he didnt, "stay with me now!" you raised your voice at him as you were still running towards him, the male was still laying down without any motion.

it made you run faster to him, as you approached him you noticed his chest was slightly raising up and down, that confirmed that he was still alive.

you stood in front of him and kneeled down, your hands made their way to cup his face. it was incredibly cold and you flinched at the freezing touch.

without thinking twice, you took off dilucs coat and let the material fall off your shoulders. you laid it down on the red haired man who laid on his back, breathing with shaky breaths.

as you laid the coat on him you saw a looming shadow fall on diluc and you, it only became bigger and bigger and you already knew what it was.

you looked around, scanning the situation. aether was unconscious, paimon was too busy trying to take care of aether and diluc was most likely unconscious too.

standing up and turning around, you faced the frostarm lawachurl who was most likely three times your size. you figured now would be a safe time and started using your electro vision.

with your back facing diluc who was still on the ground, you took a few steps towards the lawachurl to approach it, while doing so you applied your elemental skill.

your free hand started emitting a bright purple light from the inside, so bright it was almost a white light. little purple particles started flowing around your hand and lined up in a way of making the base of your electro polearm.

the polearm of electro substance was made in matters of second, you lunged towards the large creature and impaled it with your electro polearm.

the shield came breaking down in an instant, the smaller pieces of ice fell down from the lawachurl onto the ground and melted away as it came into contact with electro not too long ago.

figuring that it would be better if you finish this soon, you decided to use your elemental burst as well. you never thought you would do it so soon but you knew you had to people in a bad condition waiting for help.

your electro polearm vanished into small particles into thin air as you raised your free hand into the air above you. a small, thin streak of electro came from your fingertips,indicating that you were ready to use it.

a small part of the sky above you turned into a dark purple, the now purple clouds started twirling above you, making it look like a small tornado would take place.

you looked at the lawachurl who was ready to attack you, "this will be... your new fate." you mumbled softly before your burst.

the clouds above you started thundering and streaks of purple lightning came in sight, you rushed your arm downwards and pointed at the lawachurl in front of you.

three big streaks of powerful lightning followed the motion of your hand, they rushed straight to the lawachurl and made a heavy impact on it, the creature fell to its knees in sign of defeat while the ice beneath the lawachurl shattered into smaller pieces of ice.

and that all without your delusion, you slightly smiled at the sight as you saw you didnt lose any strength before. it was refreshing to use your vision too.