55

the two of you fought for an eternity, you hated every second of it. he never gave you a rest or even a chance to catch your breath, let alone give you a chance to talk about it.

he was a skilled fighter, the way he used his claymore was graceful and steady, using as little unnecessary movements as possible to conserve as much energy for the next attack.

both of you were getting worn out, you were mostly defending instead of doing offense, but it required alot of energy too.

diluc swung his claymore horizontally at you, from the one side to the other. you looked from the corner of your eye and dodged the attack barely.

the sharp metal grazed your cheek, leaving a thin line of blood, a freshly new wound.

you felt the sharp pain in your cheek not too long after and hissed at the pain, your eyes narrowing as you brought on of your hands up your cheek.

to keep things safe since you were still being attacked, you jumped back in defense to clear all your senses and take a good look at your surroundings. that hig surely caught you off guard.

you started panting from his heavy attacks, and he did too. you blinked and before you knew it, he was gone.

the fact that he was suddenly gone from your field of vision made you realize that you werent paying attention anymore after fighting intensively for so long.

your senses were now on high alert and you looked around you quickly, your eyes darting into every direction.

from the exuvia to the entrance, looking everywhere you eventually spotted him crouched down behind you, but you were too late to notice.

his claymore got in contact with your ankles from behind, making you lose your balance and sweeping your feet of the ground. you were about to fall on your back but you quickly took a step to the front to prevent this. it was almost second nature.

unfortunately, diluc was still as fast as ever, in no time he appeared in front of you while you were falling backwards, and pushed you down to the floor of the golden house.

a hard thud was heard, both of you were now on the floor. the impact made you loosen your grip on your polearm and the weapon got scattered over the ground, your electro polearm dissolved into small particles and becoming out of reach for you.

diluc was on top of you, one of his legs in between yours and one of his hands grabbing both your wrists above your head. his other hand was holding his claymore, which was now horizontally laying on your neck with the sharp side.

he was still panting, you could feel his hot breaths on your face as he remained silent. his dark red eyes looking straight into yours, that was when you realized in what situation you were in.

one of you would die today.

and it seemed like the outcome was already decided.

the steel blade of the claymore pointed into your neck, releasing a trail of fresh blood. the sharp feeling made you widen your eyes and slightly open your mouth in a way of grasping for air.

but you didnt fight back, it had to be one of you two, and you would rather have this outcome.

he had friends, a hometown, a family and people that waited for him to come back. and you? you didnt.

which is why you thought that this would be okay, you eyes became blurry from the situation, and for the first time in a while the tears finally dropped.

the first tear made its way from your eye to your ear, as you were still laying on the ground. and you closed your eyes to accept the your fate.

the blood from your newly fresh wound in your neck started slowly pooring out of your body, you felt the warm liquid flow down to the side of your neck.

you started wondering why his pressure on his claymore dropped but your eyes remained closed.

you waited. every passing second seemed to last like an eternity, and then you felt something drop on your face.

the new impact right underneath your eye made you open your eyes in reflex, what you saw broke your heart into a million pieces.

he was trembling in the slightest bit, his eyebrows furrowed while his eyes remained closed, as if he was trying to collect himself. but from his eyes were a few single tears escaping, he tried to hold it in but to no avail.

his head hung low as you gazed at him in shock, your mouth slightly parted in surprise and your eyes now fully opened, looking at him with a confused expression.

the impact you felt underneath your eye was a tear of his, now flowing down your face, over the cut on your cheek all the way to the side of your face.

the sight of him made you cry as well, the emotions you felt were more than ever and you let them all out.

tears flowed from your eyes, blurring your sight while you let out a single sob, unintentionally.

but he could hear it loud and clearly, it made him open up his eyes and look at you, his crimson pupils piercing into yours.

almost in an instant, it seemed he had another idea, he hesitantly lifted his claymore up from your neck and slowly released the grip on both your wrists.

you had no idea what he was doing or what his plans were, but somehow you kept calm at his unknown motives.

it was silent, his breathing was irregular and a single tear rolled off his cheeks while he kept his stoic expression. he spoke up as he fully removed the contact with his claymore and your skin.

"show me that im wrong about this." he said in the softest tone, an almost inaudible whisper, but you luckily heard him. he sat back up slowly, still on your body while he still had his claymore hovering above your neck so you wouldnt move.