Sebastian Vettel- It was never my fault

"Sebastian Vettel! Why on earth would I crash into the love of my life on purpose!" I yelled at my husband before storming off down the paddock. Seb and I have been married for several months now. I joined Alpine in 2023 and immediately fell in love with Seb. He has one more season left with Aston Martin before he retires. I joined the sport when I was 30, so I was much older than the rest of the rookies. Seb decided to teach me as much as he could. Throughout that time he ended up falling in love with me as well. We ended up getting married just before the first race of the 2024 season, exactly one year after we met for the first time.

In 2023 Alpine decided to have two rookie drivers. It was Oscar Piastri and I. We got on very well and did a great job for the team. By the end of the year we were level on points with Aston Martin.

It's now the weekend of the Belgium Grand Prix and I am very excited. We didn't end up racing here last year because of bad weather, so this will be my first time driving here. Seb and I always get to the tracks on wednesday: this gives us some free time to explore the track and surrounding areas before the race weekend begins. Seb had arranged a surprise for me. He had managed to get an Aston for us to drive around the track in. He wanted to show me the track and spend some time with me. We did quite a few laps with him driving before I finally got to have a go. It was incredible. I have always dreamed of driving around Spa and I was finally getting to do it.

Seb and I spend the rest of the day exploring the area around the track before heading back to our hotel. We went to bed quite early so we weren't tired for the rest of the weekend.

Thursday and Friday both went past really quickly. Practice went amazing and the car had never felt so fast. In P2 I ended up being faster than both of the Ferraris. On Saturday I did just as well. It was my third time getting through to Q3. I ended up starting from 6th after Lando Norris took a 5 place grid penalty. I had both Mercedes and both Red Bulls in front of me as well as Daniel Ricciardo. Seb did amazing as well and was starting in 7th, next to Lando.

On Sunday the race started well. I managed to overtake Ricciardo on the first lap and was up to 5th. I was running in 5th for 20 laps before I needed to pit. There was a fairly large gap behind me so the team were hoping I would end up in front of Seb when I left the pit.

As I left the pit lane I could see Seb in my mirrors. We both ended up getting to the corner at the same time, with me just in front. As I went to exit the corner Seb had pulled up next to me. As I went to round the next corner he locked up and went into the side of me. He had hit me and neither of us would finish the race.

The race had to be red flagged as it wouldn't be easy to move our cars. As the medical car approached us Seb started talking. He was trying to blame me for the crash. I wasn't having any of it.

"Sebastian Vettel! Stop talking right now!" I yelled, forcing him to be quiet. "That crash was not my fault. I was in front of you the whole time. You tried pushing me off the track and I didn't push you back. I managed to keep track position the whole time. It is not my fault! You locked up in that corner! Don't you dare blame me. It was never my fault!" He stayed silent and looked towards his shoes. As the car arrived to take us back to the paddock he jumped straight in. I decided I'd walk back as we weren't far away. I needed some time away from him, to let us both calm down.

I managed to avoid him for the rest of the day. When I got back to our hotel room he was sitting on the sofa, looking very guilty. As soon as he saw me walk through the door he stood up.

"I'm so sorry baby! I know it wasn't your fault. I wasn't thinking." He stuttered. I could tell he was worried I'd still be cross with him. I didn't say anything. I just walked over to him and pulled him in for a hug.

"I know you didn't mean to Seb! Just don't do that again!" I told him. We made up pretty quickly and went back to our usual happy ways.