Chloe thoughts: he's trying to convince himself.

(She looks at (Y/N) blushing slightly but she has something on her mind)

Chloe: hey (Y/N), how come you haven't caught anymore Pokémon?

(Y/N): it wouldn't feel right without pawniard.

Chloe: really? I think the opposite.

(Y/N): the opposite? (Realises) oh you're right! I could surprise pawniard with some new friends when we meet again!

Chloe: exactly.

(Y/N): in that case, today I shall catch some Pokémon! Thanks Chloe you're the best! 

(He rushes off as we see him throw a pokeball and catch a pansear as we see him throwing a pokeball at a ducklett which breaks out)

(We then see toxel battling the ducklett as toxel takes a bubble beam with ease and dodges an air slash as ducklett dodges toxel's nuzzle and flail but is hit by acid as ducklett uses rain dance as it becomes rainy as ducklett then evolves into swanna and goes to use roost as we cut to the current point in the battle)

(Y/N): a battle of attrition is not our strong suit so use nuzzle!

(Toxel uses nuzzle paralysing swanna before it uses roost as (Y/N) throws a pokeball and catches it as it hits swanna and the ball shakes three times and pings)

(Y/N)) another catch let's go! (Let's head back he returns toxel and rushes back)

(Timeskip)

(Y/N): I'm back!

Ash: hey!

Goh: good to see you in high spirits once again!

(We see Chloe looking at (Y/N) and while she doesn't say anything she does have a huge smile on her face)

(Meanwhile eevee and grookey are looking in a hole)

Goh: hey grookey what's going on?

(They all walk over to the hole)

Chloe: what's that supposed to be?

Goh: construction? No that doesn't make sense.

Ash: it looks really deep.

(Y/N): wait we're in Unova so if it's a Pokémon, that lives underground and dig holes... ohhhhh.

(Then eevee and grookey jump down)

Ash: oh no this is bad!

Goh: oh no grookey stop!

Chloe: eevee no! Eevee!

Goh: we've gotta go too.

(Chloe nods)

Ash: let's move.

(Y/N): guys we need to be careful.

(They look at him)

(Y/N): if it's what I think it is they travel in large groups so we need to be careful not to get outmatched by their sheer numbers.

(They look confused at first but have no time think about it as Ash goes down the hole as the rest follow as team rocket get to the hole)

James: they went down that hole.

Jessie: they won't get away, come on.

James: hold it (stops her) wouldn't it be better to wait for when they come back out..

Jessie: out here? Hmmm... I've got it!

(We then see wobbufett by the hole with a net)

Meowth: wobbufett you stand guard in case Pikachu comes out before us!