[65 - writer; the protagonist]

Two men walked out of the shimmering mirage in the forest, calmly as if nothing had happened. They looked the same as when they had entered, although one sported darker eye bags under their eyes and an exhausted, yet relieved, look.

The other looked rather relaxed, strolling casually with a smile tugging at the corner of his lips while his hands carefully held onto a certain package.

The package came in the form of a sleeping figure, curled up and evidentially comfortable as their chest rose steadily. A single, slender arm hung on the side while snowy locks of hair gently brushed their face.

"Welcome back!" greeted Alvara excitedly, rushing forward as her eyes landed on the slumbering man. "Thank goodness, seriously!"

"You are back, Raphael. I'm pleased that you were successfully able to retrieve Ren." said Vendra with a soothing smile.

Raphael chuckled. "Of course."

Then he walked over to a tree and carefully placed the person in his arms down, adjusting it so that they were in a comfortable position. In order to make it perfect, this task took several minutes to complete.

Once if was confirmed that Soren had comfortably settled against the tree, Raphael turned around and smiled.

It only took a second.

Before everybody's welcoming eyes, a curled hand flew across the air and slammed against a particular person's cheek, the resounding noise echoing in the forest. The attacker didn't hold back in the slightest.

The victim didn't retaliate — no, they'd closed their eyes as if expecting it.

Stumbling back as a brilliant red welt blossomed on their face, they fell backwards. For such a prideful person, this would be humiliating. But they said nothing, as they stared up in wait. It took them a moment as a jerk of pain flared in their cheeks.

A pair of cool, knowing eyes stared at Raphael.

Raphael grinned, though confliction flickered in his dark eyes, glancing at his knuckles and back up at his friend. "If you aren't aware of why I did that, Vin, I'll be a little disappointed."

Vincent breathed deeply. "I am aware."

Brioc whistled on the side, skipping up as his smile widened at the vivid red that now made a rather striking contrast against Vincent's pale skin. "Woah~ that's quite the way to return, but I like it!"

Vendra quickly stepped forward. "Was there a conflict between you two that was revealed during your time in the Forest?"

"A rather important conflict," nodded Raphael with a wry smile. "Ren's memories were chaotic, you see. They melded with mine, and I saw glimpses of his own past."

Vincent's posture stiffened, and expression more complicated. Under Raphael's gaze, he couldn't speak.

The protagonist lost his smile, eyes darkening threateningly as he lifted his chin slightly. Arrogant and dominating, he who knew all wrongs.

"You were a bastard, Vin. While you had your own circumstances, that doesn't make you less of a fool."

"...I am aware."

There seemed to be a faint tremor in the typically aloof and steady voice.

"And while I'm your friend, whether this other idiot forgives you or not is not something I'll help you with. But in knowing your mistakes, you should put effort into redemption. Even if he never forgives you."

Raphael was sympathetic, and understood people down to the very bone. It was his terrifying skill, but that didn't mean he didn't have his own opinions, even after understanding.