Epilogue

Epilogue

After 5 years

Blake's POV

I am impatient to go home. I miss my babies. Ever since my quadruplets was born five years ago, I cut off my work hours in half. I realize that I will miss every milestones if I don't modify my work hours.

Ever since I became a father. I got more sympathies for my employees. Mind you, I am still their grumpy, strict ass boss. I lessen their work hours to 6 hours a day. Not bad right?

Cara occasionally go to the office, but only in between our children's nap. My children did not step a foot yet to our office. To them, papa is only a regular employee who comes home every afternoon bearing gifts.

I parked my car haphazardly in front of our front door. One of the staff will parked it at the garage later. I grab all the bags that contains the snacks that I bought for my kids. The minute that I opened the door, I open my mouth to shout that I am home but my vision became instantly blurred because of the confetti's that obscured my vision. Some confettis's even went inside my mouth.

I glare at Grandpa Charlie laughing beside the door.

I hear little giggles while I spit out the confetti's that tried to choke me to death. Can you imagine what will be written in my Death certificate if I died because of this? Cause of Death : Got choked by a confetti. How lame.

Once I am assured that nothing is left inside my mouth and I will not die. I lower my voice and pretend to look for my kids even if they just hide in one place every freaking day. This house is 20,000 square foot with 2 acre of land around it and my children chose to hide behind the couch all the damn time. They are definitely Cara's kids. They got their mama's brain.

Poor kids.

Don't tell her please.

"I wonder where my kids are hiding. I can't seem to find them." I pretend that I don't see their cute little feet wiggling under the couch.

"Too bad. I even bought their favorite oatmeal cookies. Well, more for me I guess."

I sat down on the opposite couch and open the box of oatmeal cookies that they love. Since this are newly baked, the aroma of the cookies instantly wafted around the house.

"Wow! There's lots of chocolate chips on this one." I instantly smile when I heard my kids loudly gulp. "Oh my! Is that walnut and almonds mixed in this cookies?" I silently laugh when I hear a whimper coming behind the couch.

I saw in my peripheral vision Cara going down the staircase smiling mischievously. She and the kids got me good on that confetti surprise at the front door. Cara sat down beside me and kissed my cheeks and lips.

"Welcome home! We got you good huh." I kissed her forehead and lips and replied "You did. That prank's good but old school. Watch your back Amore, you'll not expect what my revenge will be. Just wait and see."

Back to teasing my kids.

"Cara since this is like 3 boxes of cookies maybe we can eat the half and share what's left to the rest of the staff. I don't think my babies like it." Cara nudge me when we heard another child whined in despair.

When I snap one cookie in half I almost laugh when I heard my oldest son shouted. " I want some cookies! Damn it!"

Cara and I look at each other surprised. Who swear in front of my kid? I glare at Cara. "You did Amore." I accused. Cara shrugged her shoulders and said "I might at some point. You can't blame me, they are 4 and I am only one." I sigh. Cara refused to hire a nanny to at least help her. She insisted to be a hands on mom. Who am I to deny her wishes? Frankly, I would love to stay at home and help her but I have a corporation to run and thousands of people rely on me.