Stand tall

After Julie and the Phantoms, episode 9 but Nick doesn't get possessed

The worst part of it all was that she believed they would stay by her side.

Writer

We all thought they would stay together. It seemed like their fate, to find each other and then find success.Well, things didn't really work out.
At least for Julie.

The spent two incredible months full of gigs, feeling more alive than ever. When publicity became an issue, things started to get harder. It was a matter of time before everyone found out the truth about the boys not being alive.

So, they took a decision that seemed the only way if they didn't want trouble. Take a break. At least, until things got easier. Julie didn't want to let go of her boys, they were the only ones that wanted next to her while singing but she didn't have a choice. She had to be patient.

And then things escalated quickly. After almost three months of quiet, Caleb showed up looking for a truce. Maybe it was the realization of the power that they have or he had another plan in his mind, Julie couldn't figure it out, but to avoid more losses and problems,the guys accepted his apology.

One night, Caleb invited them all to his club. Trying not to ruin everything, despite the band's hesitation, they went.Julie felt like she was stuck in the corner, she didn't fit it and she felt it. Until, Caleb asked them to perform a song of their choice. Still trying not ruin everything, they went with it. After Finally free, they could all feel the chills from the show. They felt it each time, but this one, this one was different.

The boys could finally stay and enjoy the applause with Julie by their side. It was like a dream come true. They did what they love and they had each other. Except that the second Julie stopped singing, she felt something she never felt before. A knot in her stomach and some fear overtook her. She wasn't sure if all this was caused by Caleb, but she couldn't do it. Every part of her body was numb and her brain kept telling her to stop. She couldn't ruin it for the boys so she just never went back.

On the other hand, the rest members of the band kept visiting the club even more often and Julie felt them slipping away from her. So when their break appeared in the picture, she really acknowledged the fact that they wouldn't stay with her for too long. So, she stayed there and went back to her everyday life the way it was when she hadn't met the boys yet, when she was just Julie.

Despite their love for her,they couldn't get over the fact that they could finally get to know more people. They met famous singers and artists, rich people, even many pretty girls for the two singles boys. And even if Luke's heart belonged to another girl, everything faded out when they entered Caleb's place. It seemed like they didn't have any problems especially when Caleb started teaching them how to use their powers, it all felt so magical.

Time passed and the boys didn't visit her that much anymore, except Reggie.

Julie was the family he never had, he couldn't leave her behind. While Alex was falling more in love with Willie and Luke was living his successful life that he always dreamed of, Reggie visited each night the curly haired girl that saved them. He couldn't understand how the guys kept distancing themselves from her. Maybe the difference between them was that all Reggie wanted was a family that loved him. Despite anything that would happen between the band, he knew that he'd never leave her. She was their anchor and Reggie will never forget that.