No second later they were welcomed with a sound so earth-shattering, so crippling to one's senses they'd beg for peace. For what welcomed them were howls. Wailing and screeching howls of devastation and disaster reaping across Lycus's territory. His wolves crying for release and to give into what they are. Werewolves.

——

Lycus clasped the doorknob tightly and immediately found himself at a standstill.

His teeth grounded together as he battled with himself. To open the door, to not open the door ... perhaps it would be better to knock.

He knew better to be here, after the words he exchanged to Accalia earlier today. He was on edge, fighting for control and yet, his footsteps led him here.

"Cadence, I'll kick you off this bed if you keep it up."

Her voice welcomed his ears before he could ask for it. Her sweet-sounding and dulcet voice that made his eyes glimmer into darkness and canines elongate.

"Ah, what? I'm joking. It isn't my problem—"

A thump wallowed inside of the room and a scramble ensued.

Lycus released the door latch to leave, knowing this was a mistake.

The sound of a door smacking against a wall cracked loudly and two bodies fell to the floor, spluttering incoherent words to each other.

Lycus turned back with a bemused face, brows peering up as he observed the two women tackling each other to the ground and making sure only one remained down.

Cadence had the upper hand at the minute, having Accalia beneath her with a forearm stuck under her chin and keeping her in place.

"Are you going to tap out?" Cadence grinned uppishly and stuck her tongue at her.

Accalia laughed, her laugh soaring through Lycus's senses, planting him to the spot without any intention of moving.

"In your dreams," Accalia wheezed out and jutted her jaw up only to see Lycus standing over her.

"We got company, Cadence," Accalia informed her cousin, which caused Cadence to shift her gaze and a crack of succession was within reach.

Grinning brightly, Accalia locked her legs around Cadence and shifted her weight upward, taking her off guard. Somehow, Accalia landed onto her side and to her feet, finally getting out of Cadence's grip with relentless catches of air.

But she didn't stop there, she locked Cadence down with her foot and held her in place.

"Hey!" Cadence growled out and tried to get out of Accalia's confining hold. "That's not fair, you did that on purpose!"

"Rematch?" Accalia called out, staring down at Cadence with a smug grin.

Cadence flipped her off with narrowing eyes, unimpressed with the turn of events.

Accalia moved away from her, brimming with pride and Cadence got her feet, looking nothing short of disgruntled.

"That's still unfair," Cadence called out.

"You still want a rematch?"

Cadence gestured to the person in front of them. "Not with lover boy here, he hasn't stopped staring at you since I threw you out the door."

Accalia crossed her arms. "You didn't throw me out the door — you're being dramatic."

"Oh, whatever—"

Lycus cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck, catching the girls attention without much effort.

Cadence's hands found her hips with a snigger. "What?"