✧*̥˚ 6 *̥˚✧

Start from the beginning

Not that Jennie didn't like it. She liked that Lisa was taller than her.

"Jisoo and I grew up together. Went to school together too. I even lived with her and her Mom after my parents kicked me out for... you know... getting knocked up. They were the reason why I was able to finish highschool." Jennie explained.

"Wow, so she's an old friend. Really old friend."

"Yeah she's my best friend. She's like a sister to me." Jennie smiled, thinking about Jisoo and her many crazy personality traits and her warm heart. "Don't call her old though! She hates it. She already tries to make Ella not call her Auntie, but I guess she's stuck with that." Jennie laughed and Lisa did too. It was a beautiful sound.

"Mom, look!" Ella turned around and waved for them urgently. "Look at all these rings. They're so pretty." Jennie and Lisa steered towards the stall that Ella was admiring. A handmade jewelry shop. They came from Jeju Island, like their advertisement said. A lot of rings had real pearls on them. 

Like mother like daughter and Jennie's eyes started sparkling, looking over the beautiful display. She never let go of Lisa's arm though and Lisa did not seem like she wanted her to let go either. "Wow, they're gorgeous." Jennie breathed. Lisa chuckled. "I knew you'd like it here."

"Look, Unnie, I'd look like a mermaid with this one!" Ella pointed at a dainty ring with a tiny shimmering pearl on top of it. Ella was constantly in between the blurry lines of pre-teen and kid but this market threw her right back into childlike behaviour and Jennie found that very adoring. Adoring enough to ask. "You wanna try it on? See if they have it in your size?"

Ella's head snapped to Jennie, eyes wide. She still wasn't quite used to the fact that they could afford the little extra things now. A little silver ring, to make a girl happy. "Really?"

"Yes, I think it would suit you." Jennie smiled. She felt so god damn happy right now. The shop owner gave Ella a few sizes to try and Jennie and Lisa watched as she looked at her outstretched hand everytime she tried one on. 

"She's so cute." Jennie whispered and briefly nuzzled her nose into Lisa's shoulder without thinking about it. When she leaned out again she met the Thai's eyes. They were even softer and warmer than before and Jennie almost got a little lost in the fluttering feeling. The impuls to be close to Lisa became even stronger than before. Jennie would be a very clingy friend to the Thai woman until this stupid little crush passed.

"This one." They heard Ella say and snapped out of their little moment, if that's what it was. 

The girl had decided and the store owner went to pack it up. "Is this really ok, Mom?" Ella's worry line on her forehead appeared and Jennie lifted the hand that was not linked with Lisa to stroke over Ella's skin to make it go away again. "Yes, daughter of mine, I want you to have that ring."

"It looks really good on you El." Lisa also approved with a smile and a nod and Ella beamed. She could probably outshine all the christmas lights in the whole market right now. The owner came back and Jennie regrettably moved her arm out of Lisa's hold to get out her purse. She paid for Ella's ring and handed her the little bag. Of course Ella took the ring out and wore it immediately, not caring that it was cold without her gloves on. She wouldn't put them back on because she couldn't see the ring if she did. 

They moved on from the stall and Lisa made a point of offering Jennie her arm again to hold onto. Which she did with a light blush on her face.

"She's so happy with that ring." Lisa acknowledged softly as they strolled behind the almost skipping girl.

"She's not used to it. We really couldn't afford much with rent and food and clothes... I've always worked hard but it's difficult... you know... for a single Mom without a college degree in the city..." Jennie sighed, letting Lisa in more into her past life.