5: dangerous play

Start from the beginning

"Whatever."

--

Silence lingers trough me and Nayeon entire walk. She keep her poker face as we trudges towards my room. Her arms crossed over her chest. After Jihyo convinced her. She'd only says 'follow me' with a scoff and after that, she did not talk anymore. She did not even ask where my room is. And then I realize what she's capable of.

I sigh.

"Be thankful Its Jihyo who interview you. If by any chance you were interviewed by Jeongyeon you're already dead by now. And because that ostrich respect Jihyo, she let you in." Nayeon open up.

"Why does Jihyo looks so fond with human?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Because she once become a human." Nayeon answer surprise me. I smash my lips together, seeing the look on Nayeon's face as she gazes ahead. She looks like she doesn't want to talk about Jihyo's past.

When we reach the crowded hallway, everyone look at us in surprise. Some even look at me sassily. Murmurs started to fill the entire hallway.

I look at Nayeon and saw her face scrunch up in annoyance. She stop from walking and i stop too as well as every murmurs.

When she look at the group of gossiping people, they immediately scurried away. She scoff and look at the other side where bunch of people watches us. They abruptly turn around and act like they didn't see something.

When she resume walking, I continue walking too.

She might kill once I leave her behind.

After maybe a few minutes of walking, we reach our destination. Nayeon stop on her tracks and turn to me before stepping aside. Before I could pass by her, she spoke, "Lust is your roommate?" Pride raise a brow.

I subtly nodded, "Yeah. We just have been roommates for hours but I felt like dying alrea- "

"I didn't ask." She cut me off.

I purse my lips, clearly hurt.

I'm saying this so you could at least save me from dying early. Idiot.

"Did you just called me Idiot?" Her eyebrows meet as she ask.

I gulp nervously. I totally forget about her ability.

"No."

"There's no use even if you lie." She remark, her eyes bores hole on me.

I tried not to shows my trembling hand as I counters a word, "Then why did you still ask?"

Then she step forward.

Oh goodness, this is what I am saying.

And because I'm just beside the wall, pinning me against it was just a piece a cake for her. Her big hand holds both of my shoulder as she pushes me against the cold concrete.

"Don't try me human." She warns, her voice dripped venom. Her eyes glow in a hue of white, sending shivers down my spine.

I felt myself being paralyzed. She's prettier upclose.

She then let go of me, her eyes turn back to its normal color. A pool of brown chcocolate. A mesmerizing brown orbs.

"Go before I lost control."

Lost control? What did she mean by lost control.

I hesitantly reach for the door knob with a sigh. Now I wonder what possibly awaits for me inside. From my peripheral vision, Pride watch me with her face void of emotion. She doesn't care.