Chapter 3: Seperation

Start from the beginning

Y/n: Hey Powder, I just thought about it. Didn't one of those crystals destroy that building?

Powder: Yeah? What about it?

Y/n: Only one.

Powder: Oh... no, come back don-

It was too late the monkey clapped and sent a shockwave of energy that knocked me and Powder off of the building. The second hit the thing and I'm guessing the man who took Vander, though someone jumped in front of him at the last second. The aftermath was disastrous. Mylo and Claggor died. Vi and Vander were trapped under rubble. Vander tried fighting that creature, but instead got stabbed from behind and tossed off the walkway. Vander took some of the serum and destroyed the creature. After this, he grabbed Vi and broke through the wall.

I only know this because I had watched the whole thing from Shadow's eyes. I'm not sure how, but I did. I woke up and found Powder gone. I tried to find her, even through the pain of walking with a dislocated femur. I stumbled until I got around a corner and heard her voice.

Powder: Vi, it worked.

Vi: What?

Powder: Did you see me? My monkey bomb finally worked.

Vi: You did this? Why? Why did you do this?

Powder: I... I didn't... I was saving you. I only wanted to help.

She looked around, finding pieces of the people she once knew. The people she called her family. I watched as the traumatic scene took hold of her mind.

Powder: I only wanted to help. I only wanted to help. I only wanted to-

Vi: I told you to stay away!

Powder: Please. Please. Please-

Vi: I told you to stay away!

I saw Vi strike Powder across the face, just as I was turning the corner.

Powder: No. Why did you leave me?!

She grabbed Powder's face tightly and held her hand there as tears fell from Powder's eyes and blood dripped from her nose. It hurt to watch, I have never seen this side of Vi before. I wasn't sure what to do or how I could ever compensate for this kind of pain, if I hadn't given her the idea in the first place maybe we wouldn't be here.

Vi: Because you're a jinx. Do you hear me? Mylo was right.

Powder: No. No. No. No. Violet, please.

I couldn't watch this anymore, I grabbed Vi's shoulder and tried to pull her off for a second. She turned and elbowed my face, breaking my nose in the process and causing me to fall onto my behind.

Y/n: Ow, my nose.

Vi: You?!

Y/n: I was just going to say, you should take a second.

She began to walk away from us. Only turning back to give a six-worded comment before disappearing behind a corner.

Vi: You were supposed to watch her.

Powder: Please, Violet. I need you. Please.

Y/n: I'm going to go talk with her. Stay here.

I began walking away to find her, but Powder didn't seem to worry as much about me leaving. Only giving a small nod. I walked for minutes trying to find her. Not a single word was said in response, only the usual. Doors slammed as I walked by. Instead, enforcers got to me first and I wasn't in any shape to run, I could barely walk.

Enforcer: Y/n, we are instating you in Piltover Asylum.

I was being brought to an asylum for the criminally insane. My sentence was a few years, for robbery... plus a few life sentences because of the enforcer deaths. The only real reason I didn't get the death penalty is that I had already been declared insane from birth. The enforcers dragged me through checkpoints. The doctors saw me and marveled.

Doctor: He's got to be our youngest patient ever, what's his name?

Enforcer: Y/n L/n. He's the one all of Piltover has been after.

Doctor: I thought those were five kids.

Enforcer: Yeah, we got another one in lock-up, they're the only ones left. He thinks he has kept her safe by accepting all of the blame. Personally, I think he must really enjoy punishment.

Y/n: No, besides myself and whoever you have, everyone else is dead already... but I'm sure it must make you so very proud to receive a case such as mine. Don't you think Maurice?

Doctor: Maurice?

Y/n: Yeah, your pen, the poor thing doesn't even have a mouth, but he sure knows how to click with the best.

The doctor was unamused and told the enforcer to throw me into cell 395, which just so happened to be a solitary confinement cell. I hit the back of the padded wall with a thud, my back slumped against the wall, legs in the air as my head rested on the floor.

Y/n: Hm, what's a nine-year-old inmate supposed to do for fun around here? Ooh, I know.

Five Hours Later...

The pictures of Vander, Mylo, Claggor, Vi, and Powder were burned into the walls. It wasn't long before a guard came and found it.

Guard: Congratulations, this is now your permanent cell, how did you even get a match in the first place?

Y/n: Who said I used a match?